It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 20, 2024

Detours, Fish Dinner and No Roaming Fees.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Though I don’t recall doing anything different before going to bed last night, I did manage to get a bit more sleep. It did backfire a slight bit because I slept so well at the beginning of the night, that I was up before 7:00 this morning.

Kathy joined me just before 9:00 this morning. Breakfast gave me a break from the Computer. The reason I had Physiotherapy yesterday, was because I had an appointment to talk with my Endoscopist between 11:00 to 1:00 today so we didn’t want to go too far. The Doctor called exactly at 11:05 with a good report. I’ll probably see him again in another Five Years.

We kept lunch simple with Chicken Noodle Soup since we Planned that we would be having supper out.

With my mobility improving on a daily basis, I got behind the wheel this afternoon. With all the Detours we still managed to get to Guardian Storage with little effort. What we didn’t plan on was for a Freight Train that decided to stop across the road. The traffic was building behind and ahead of us, until some of us started using parking lots to start moving again and taking alternate routes. Just when I thought we would get to our destination early, we ran into another Detour that took us back to where the Freight Train had just cleared.

We finally made it to The Royal Canadian Legion Branch 594 by 4:00. Since this was Friday, we were there for Two Reasons. The first was for the Friday Fish Fry and picking up next year’s sticker for my Membership Card. After getting our refreshments Kathy waited at the table while I got my sticker in the Office.

We enjoyed Lake Perch with Onion Rings for our meal. There was live entertainment, that along with all the private conversations going on, made it difficult for us to hear one another talking. We noticed most of the Members walking in with Canes. Wonder if that is a new prerequisite?

We took a more rural route home and surprisingly there were no Detours.

I have no discomfort in my leg at the moment and I hardly used my Cane to get from the Car to the Apartment.

I’m still getting more information on the Cell Phone Services, but I am certain It will be one that includes “No Roaming Feeswhile travelling in the US.

We watched two more Murder Mysteries this evening.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ignited a bodily emission.

No comments:

Post a Comment