It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Non-Compatible Updates, Another Appointment, Fun Visits and A Step Back In Time.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

When it came time to shut my Computer off last night I was shown that the machine would be Updating. I Hate when that happens because I’m normally left with Hours of adjustments to make things work the way they did before. We slept like a couple of rocks with most of the Windows and Vents open the entire night. As soon as I was up I restarted my Computer to allow all the Updates to initialize. We had appointments so I couldn’t spend much time sitting there. What I ended up with was a Locked-Up Computer. Remember that word Hate that I used. The only way I could shut it down was to pull the Battery. After 3 more attempts to restart it I knew we had a big problem.

We were soon out the door heading to see our Optometrist in Windsor. The Parking Permit Machine would not take New Coins so we gambled on a lesser time and just made it. Dave was happy that both my eyes were clearing up but wants me to continue with the Steroid Eyedrops for a while longer. He checked Kathy’s newly developed Floater saying just to do Eyedrops when her Eyes are dry and that he would see us again next week.

Dave also started asking questions about RVing. We gave him what information we could and told him where to find more. He’s been hearing us talk about our travels so much lately that he’s considering it as a way of periodically escaping his present lifestyle as well as seeing things he misses while flying.

We headed over to Guardian Storage to get a couple of Cardboard Boxes from our Climate Controlled Storage Unit. Since a car ahead of us opened the gate we just followed him through. As we were exiting we stopped to get the one piece of Junk Mail we had. Carol knows that we’ll be leaving soon and was getting excited for us.

We headed over to the west-end Wendy’s where we had our usual Tasty but Inexpensive Lunch, off the Value Menu.

Our next stop was the Windsor Rehabilitation Center to visit our friend Vera. The first thing she wanted to know was how our Merry Thanksmas had turned out and Gifts that we gave. We had to convince her to eat her lunch when it arrived and then her nephew Steven also dropped in for a visit. We finally headed for Home shortly after 2:30.

Before leaving this morning I had rebooted my computer in hopes that the problem would just correct itself. I had to give it a try but it was still jammed like before. The only one thing we could do and that was to bring it to our favourite Computer Repair Shop S-X Video in Essex. Both Dave and Dalton could not believe that Windows 10 could do that but they said it could be the Updates not being compatible with some of the Programs that I’ve added. They said to run our errands and stop back.

We got some groceries at the No-Frills next door before stopping at McDonalds for supper. As we entered we were suddenly swarmed by our Two excited grandsons Connor and Haigan along with their mom Jen. I got our Sweet Chili Wraps while Kathy and Jen got caught up. We’ll be seeing them again a few times this week.

We had to get back to the Computer Repair Shop in hopes they had found the problem before they closed. Both know what they are doing more then myself but could not find the cause of the problem but they will. Tonight’s Blog is being written on our Old Laptop that has Windows Vista as an operating program. Talk about slow and a step back in time.

We took the Truck to visit our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa in Amherstburg. Even though we only saw them on Sunday we still had lots to talk about especially the Gifts they got and really liked. By the time we left after 8:00 it was drizzling.

In yesterday’s Blog I spoke of waking Gasping for Air because my CPAP Machine stopped working. Last night it worked perfectly with a loaner Power Pack. If someone that doesn’t have a Machine wakes Gasping for Air, you should have. If your doctor says you don’t need it yet, my question would be “Does he want you to have a Heart Attack first?” They are designed to stop that from happening. You need to be evaluated at a Sleep Disorder Clinic as soon as possible.

More running to do tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
 

Krackers

 Ask a silly question:

 
Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

2 comments:

  1. I also had the forced up dates last night. While I didn't have the problems you did this morning I did have things missing from my FB time line and who knows what else. And again they changed my photo set up I had taken pictures of my grandchildren and I can see them but I can't get at them. This is just wrong that they can force these upgrades on us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interstates in Hawaii... It's about where the funding for the roadway comes from. We just need to enjoy them and take the two lanes when we feel like "taking the long way."

    ReplyDelete