It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Seeing Red Again, Information Gathering, Great Dinner and Frustrating Purchase.


Our Location today is Pima County Fairgrounds, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A. 

We were both up having breakfast by 8:00 Arizona Time this morning after another satisfying night’s sleep. When we opened up the window shades the air was perfectly still outside which made the inside of the trailer feel stuffy but by simply turning on the Ceiling Fan and lowering the Awning we were able to eat our breakfast in comfort. 

After turning on the Main Inverter to start charging things up we both took the time to check for important messages on our Computers. I needed to freshen up and get myself out the door shortly after 10:00 because I had a 11:00 Blood Donor Appointment to the north side of Old Pueblo Hall. 
That is a long walk especially when it is Hot.
Old Pueblo Hall is six times as far as those RVs.
I had a short talk with Bill Mains at the Courtesy Desk before talking with the representatives of the Escapees Ontario Chapter where I got some information about their upcoming get-together in Niagara Falls. Another quick walk through the Vendors Area looking at THINGS that would be nice at increasing our comfort in the trailer but would not be practical at this time. 

I got to the Blood Mobile ahead of time and they were able to take me in minutes later. We went through the normal screening but this time was different because they actually registered me to receive my own American Red Cross Blood Donor Card in the mail in Canada. This will make donating Blood so much easier the next time we come south for the winter. Today’s donation brings my count up to 105 and I plan on continuing to give for as long as I can. For many years there were all kinds of restrictions that prevented people from donating. If you are one of those people and really want to donate stop by and check because many of those restrictions are being lifted lately. 

I was happy that I’d worn my wide brimmed Sun Hat to keep me cool and protect me from the Sun because there were no Courtesy Carts around to bring me back Home. I simply took my time walking and drank the rest of my water that I’d brought with me this morning. 
When I got back Home, Kathy had rolled up our Awning because the wind had been getting gusty and she didn’t want any problems with the Awning. She was also busy making Salmon Salad Sandwiches for our lunch and cleaning the Strawberries we’d gotten the other day. She assigned me the chore of putting the Yogurt in a bowl, splitting the Strawberries then adding a dollop of Cool Whip for added flavouring. 

We were out the door shortly after 1:00 taking our time to walk all the way back to Old Pueblo Hall where we planned on sitting in on a seminar. It wasn’t what we expected but the presenter did it in such a way that he kept the audience entertained. 

We also went to Thurber Hall to take in a presentation about Harvest Hosts. The idea of stopping for the night at many of the Vineyards, Farms, Museums and Breweries seemed enticing but it could end up costing more then staying in a regular campground. What it does do is it gets you away from the norm because you are Boondocking at these spots and it helps to support the Mom and Pop type businesses rather than big name companies. It also exposes you to Fresh Produce and Beverages that are better then what you find at the local stores in the city. 
Inside La Cantina Restaurant.
It was again 93 F (34 C) this afternoon and we wanted to check out La Cantina Restaurant and Garden which is located right here in the Pima County Fairgrounds. After only leaving Thurber Hall we were able to get a Courtesy Cart over to the Restaurant. When Kathy saw the outside menu, she got a craving for Fish and Chips. It tasted great, wasn’t too expensive and it was Air-Conditioned inside.   

We were barely around the block on our way Home when I flagged down one of the Courtesy Carts. Even though Ed was running a personal errand he picked us up. When I told him our location he had never heard of the Solar Boondocking Area and started taking us in the wrong direction. I had to give him a turn by turn direction so that he brought us right to our door. Then he had questions about being “Off the Grid”. I gave him a brief idea and invited him back in his spare time so I could show him. 

We were sitting outside, Kathy reading and I was about to start writing the Blog when I remembered my new TracFone was about to expire and I needed to add time to it. I worked Online as all these companies tell you to do and it and it rejected my payment. Kathy said to do her TracFone and the same thing happens. I called TracFone and they said the problem was with our Credit Card. We called the Credit Card provider and they said there had been no attempt to charge on the card. I finally reached Jamie at TracFone who worked to take the payment to update both our phones. His computer kept having Errors that would lose all the information that he had entered. It took just under two hours to get our accounts updated. The problem was not our card but the Computers at their end that was rejecting the information. Aren’t electronics Great? 

Tomorrow we’ll see what we can accomplish around Home. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

You Might Be a Redneck If 

Your favorite portrait of your family was clipped from the National Enquirer.

No comments:

Post a Comment