It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Juggling Doucettes and Happy Father’s Day.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It is sad when someone has to look forward to having surgery, to take away Pain, so that you and your wife can get a decent night’s sleep.

I was just bringing out our breakfast when Kathy joined me. Though it was only Cereal, it was covered with Blueberries as a way of detoxifying our bodies.

With our Coffees at the Computers, after finishing my normal reading I had to update a Spreadsheet. Thursday when I purchased the Vitamins we need, I was too tired to record them, so today I had to do that. I also had to get our Medication/Vitamin Bag and empty Pill Doucettes down, to work with after lunch.

By not being too active today we kept lunch fairly lite, with a bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup, along with Cheese Sticks on the side. We also had a mug of Lemon Ginger Tea to go with a piece of Chocolate Cake for dessert.

We took the time to do the Dishes, not simply for cleaning the kitchen, but to be certain my hands would be clean for the upcoming chore.

Normally I fill Six Weeks' worth of Pill Doucettes for the both of us, but when Prescription Medications come in Ninety Day supplies, you soon accumulate a surplus. One way to deal with that, is to do like I did today, and only fill Three Weeks worth for this time. The next time the Doucettes have to be done, the process will start over.

Once the Doucettes were filled I then needed to update the Medicine Spreadsheet before putting everything away.

It seemed the nighttime exhaustion tries to catch up with me, but I resist napping as much as possible.

We shared a Modified Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Pizza for supper. The fact that we can buy them for $3.50 saves a lot of headaches and if we are a bit more ravenous, they can be adjusted. Today Mushrooms and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese was enough to make it very satisfying.

With no Local News to watch on the weekends, we settled for watching a Hallmark Movie.

Kathy and I would like to wish all our Male Readers a very Happy Father’s Day tomorrow. May you enjoy the day with the ones you love.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

It’s time for women to stop being politely angry.

Leymah Gbowee, Liberian Peace Activist

2 comments: