It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Note Worked.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Yesterday when we got home from topping the Car off with Gasoline, I taped a note on the door saying “We don’t get up until 9:00. Please don’t knock earlier.” After taking my Nighttime Mickey I’d hoped we would sleep better. It looks like I’ll need to increase the Pain Medication, because it was past 3:00 before I finally fell asleep.

Even though I was awake I lay in bed until 8:30. Without the use of lights I was getting things ready for breakfast, when I heard a lite tapping on our door. They left without pursuing their tasks.

Ten Minutes later Kathy and I sat at our table having a Pastry for breakfast using only the little Sunlight that was seeping past our Blinds. Again, there was a lite tapping on the door. Kathy almost panicked, but I held my finger to my lips. They again left.

We were dressed and sitting at our Computers at 11:00 (over Two Hours later) with the Balcony Blinds open, when there was a lite knock on our door. I answered to Two Electricians that were there to verify the job everyone else had done yesterday. They tested the Meters to be certain everything was working properly. Ten Minutes later they were gone. (That note had done its job.)

After having Split Pea Soup for lunch, we had more errands we wanted to do. The first was to Guaranteed Fine Furniture, to see what the status of our Recliners was. They both have different Mechanisms but will look like twins in the material of our choice. When they arrive from the Manufacture, they will be unwrapped and tested before we are called to set up a delivery time.

We headed to the Credit Union to pick up our Personalized Cheques we had ordered. Even in this day and age, some businesses still prefer a Cheque, instead of Debit or Credit Cards.

Kathy wants me to do a slight chore for her, so we headed to Guardian Storage, to collect our Mail, then to my Tool Storage Unit. We were there less than Two Minutes. (Nice knowing where your tools are.) We swung by the Trailer to be certain nothing looked out of place.

By the time we got out of the gate there was a Fast-Moving Freight Train blocking the road. At that crossing they normally travel half that speed. That track also connects to the International Tunnel between Detroit and Windsor. Five Minutes later it was finished.

Passing by the Pioneer gas station, where we filled the Car last night, the price of Gasoline had increased by the Twenty Cents a Litre ($.756 a US Gallon) but the price of Diesel had remained the same.

We went to Dollarama to finish getting the food supplies we didn’t get on Wednesday, because my Hip/Leg was too sore.

We did stop at Shoppers Drug Mart to take advantage of Seniors Discount Day (Every Thursday). I had to pick up more Melatonin to help me sleep. The one I am presently taking is a Time Release Tablet and it seems I’m mostly awake earlier in the night, then sleeping later. I did not get Time Release today, in hopes that it will work faster, and I won’t feel tired through the day.

By the time we got back to the building, all the Electrical Contractor Vehicles that had been in the parking lot before, were gone. We used the Two Wheel Folding Shopping Cart to bring everything upstairs. I needed an Extra Strength Tylenol before putting everything away.

With Overnight/Morning Rain in the forecast we’ll get some chores taken care of before anything else. We are looking at a cooler but sunny weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You keep a can of Raid on the kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment