It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Missing Brace and Temporary Fix.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

From experience I have learned not to put my Thigh Wrap Brace on before going to work because the climbing, sitting and getting out of the Truck causes it to make its way down my leg. Once I’m dressed, I bring it with me in its Case, then put it on after I arrive at the Plant. When I arrived at the Plant this morning, I could not find the Case. I opened the passenger doors to be certain it had not fallen down where it could not be seen. I hobbled around for the rest of the day, trying to figure out what happen and how did it fall out of the Bag it was in?

The PTA only added to the Stress. Once everything was ready to start welding the Hard Surfacing Powder came out way too thick, so much I had to grind most of it off before continuing. Resetting the numbers, we were ready to try again. Seconds after the “Begin to Weld” button was pressed I watched the numbers change before my eyes. That is something that has happened many times. I even proved it to Mile and Vinnie by having them push the button, just to prove it was the Machine not me causing the problem. It took Three Hard Restarts to make the PTA follow the numbers I wanted. Everything worked well until the last Three Inches before it did a Cross Country Turn. Two more restarts and I was able to complete the job.

I called Kathy at first break to look for the Brace, but she could not find it. I also called the Surgeon’s Office and talked to the Assistant. The wait time for Hip Replacement Surgery is presently Two Years. Looks like the Injection might help me out until then. Our Friend Gerry has been on the Wait List for over Two Years and other parts of Canada are longer.

I did a touch-up, while another Feedscrew was warming up in the PTA. I have to use a Vernier and sometimes Micrometers to be certain that I am adding enough material. Once I know the size needed, I lock the Vernier to make it easier. Mile comes along and unlocks it to measure every little bit of the Flight. I had to show him, that since I wear Heavier Gloves that was impractical, then demonstrated how I was doing it. He walked away, but occasionally when I was measuring, I could see him watching me from the corner of my eyes.

There are now Two Feedscrews resting comfortably in the Sandbox, slowly cooling down along with a couple of Touch-Ups that are nearly ready for shipment.

By the time I got to Wyandotte Chiropractic Center, because I had not worn my Brace all day, I could barely hobble. Richard worked his magic, and I walked out barely using my Cane.

A few more errands later I finally arrived home and within minutes had located the Case with my Brace inside, in the Apartment. That was a relief. We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Hawaiian Pizza for supper.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and growth.

Betty Friedan, Activist.

2 comments:

  1. Two years? Rick, I am so sorry to hear this. I do hope the cortisone injections give you some relief until then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years is a very long time to remain in pain. Just a thought but I would check with the doctors office to see if that two year wait is for your local area hospitals. If you were willing to go further away could you get in sooner. Usually you can. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete