It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 11, 2023

Working In My Sleep.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I really hate it when I spend the night dreaming about work. I’ve done this for years, even before I retired the first time, then on personal projects that Kathy would ask me to build. I could not rest until the project was completed. I actually had to tell her to assign those to me in the mornings, so by designing it during the day, I might get some sleep that night.

Last week there was one problem, after another with the Plasma Transfer Arc and there Two Feedscrews that still needed to be welded. Before leaving on Friday I loaded the Smaller Unit, then started rethinking my choice all last night.

The toss up was that the problem seemed to be with the larger diameter Feedscrews. I ran the Smaller Unit this morning. The welds were beautiful and the only problem I had was running out of Argon with only Five Inches of weld left to do on the Mixer Flight. Mixers are always done last.

It still took longer than I wanted and told Kathy at lunch the Larger Unit had to be finished as well, so expect me late.

Remember I said last week’s problems were on a larger diameter Feedscrew, well this one fell into that category. The weld would be going the way it should when the Torch would suddenly veer in the opposite direction of what it had been drifting. After repairing the smaller defects, the PTA threw another Curve-Ball my way. I was down to the last Mixer Flight when it ran out of Hard-Surfacing Powder. At least there was Ten Inches of weld to apply. It was past 5:30 when I punched out.

I walked in the Apartment just as the 6 o’clock Local News was starting. We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Hawaiian Pizza for supper.

Hoping tomorrow is a slower day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I can’t take my dog to the park because the ducks keep trying to bite him. I guess that’s what I get for buying a pure bread dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment