It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 15, 2023

Didn’t Back Down.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I already knew what I would be working on so when Mile saw I was loading the Feedscrew into the PTA he just waved. I managed get the Burners going and the Hard Surfacing Powder loaded when Mile signalled me over. Whenever there is a touch up to do on a Unit, he seems to think it is necessary that he point out every little speck that might be a problem. Unfortunately, welding with Powder leaves lots to be desired, often needing repairs and that is what is used in the PTA.

He did not seemed impressed when I went back to the Plasma Transfer Arc and started welding. I can’t do anything to one job while I am in the middle of another and I wanted this one finished today.

The way I was edging the Flights today, required a constant monitoring. A simple thing like turning to have a sip of Coffee, had me stopping the process, calculating the change in numbers, then restarting the weld. It only took Three Hours to complete that weld, before I sipped my then Cold Coffee.

I started the second edging when Vic filled in for me. It wasn’t long after my return that Khalin come over to say Mile wanted to talk to me about the Unit he had already shown me. Since it meant I would have to stop the job, just to hear the same complaints, so I said “I am busy and want this finished today”.

The buzzer for lunch went off but I kept monitoring the process. Of course Mile showed up asking why I didn’t go over. First I showed him where the Torch drifted when I sipped my Coffee. Next I reminded him that he already showed me the other job. Lastly I wanted to finish this one today, but if I kept stopping it would not get done until Monday. He agreed and left. I never saw him the rest of the day. It was 3:10 when I buried the Feedscrew in the Sandbox to slow cool for the weekend.

Even with Rush-Hour Traffic it felt good to be home early. We had Veggie Wraps for supper tonight.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

If prisoners could take their own mug shots, would they be called cellfies?

No comments:

Post a Comment