It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

More Pink, SXXW Flurry and More Unpacking.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Just after posting our Blog last night I had a terrible thought and I told Kathy about it. Due to the delays we’d had yesterday before I ran the RV Antifreeze in the Trailer I rushed and only opened the Faucets on the Cold Water Side. That meant there could still be water in the Hot Water Lines. My immediate thoughts were that I had to go back right away to fix my mistake. Still suffering the Side-Effects from her Shingles Vaccine she simply said “Be Safe” and went to bed at 9:18.

There was very little traffic and having grabbed the Remote Gate Opener from the Truck I was at Guardian Storage and the Trailer in under Fifteen Minutes. It took less time to set up the Siphon Hose and RV Antifreeze Jug then it did earlier. Heading inside the trailer I was shocked at how much Water came out of each of the Hot Water Faucets. The Below Freezing Temperatures expected overnight would certainly have done damage to our system. The last Faucet for me to do was the Outside Shower but it didn’t seem to be coming out. Without thinking I switched the Valve on the Handle an instantly bathed my pants with RV Antifreeze.

I was back at the apartment by 10:18 ready to take my second shower of the evening but feeling more secure in knowing the Trailer was completely Winterized.

When we got up this morning everyone that we saw on the Trail down below were all bundled up in Winter Apparel. At that point I said I didn’t want to go outside today. I had plenty of things that needed assembling and organizing inside the apartment that would keep me busy. I even managed to repair and adjust the Closet Door in our bedroom by myself that the Building Maintenance Man was supposed to fix today.

Having a rest I joined Kathy in the Living-Room just as the phone rang. It was our good friend Vera calling to see how we were doing. As they were talking we were looking out the Balcony Door to see clouds of SXXW blowing past. As quickly as it started it stopped. Not something we are ready for but being on the Eighth Floor we’ll probably see it more then those at ground level.

We managed to empty another Seven Storage Bins as well as taking certain items from a few other Boxes. We also received a couple of calls from other Apartment Building Managers that had put us on their Waiting List.

For supper tonight Kathy made Hot Pork Sandwiches from the Roast that she cooked yesterday and it tasted just as good. When I sat down to write this post I noted that I got my way by not going outside today. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!
It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your photo is taped up behind the Walmart returns counter.

6 comments:

  1. Smart to follow your instinct on the hot water taps! Also smart to hold your own and stay inside today. Although I wouldn't want to be home all winter there is something about fresh white snow that appeals to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happens to me. Just when I get into bed I remember what I've forgotten to do. Glad you caught it. The cold wave is just getting here, so tomorrow will be an inside day for us. Hope Kathy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when stuff like that happens. Seems I always remember it AFTER I'm in bed. Good thing you went to check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems there is always something to do inside if its an inside day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I am even more confused now. Your RV is not at your former site but is now where you have your storage unit?

    Glad you remembered and were able to address the problem even if it was on a cold evening.

    Hoping Kathy is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always afraid I am going to forget some part of the winterizing process.

    ReplyDelete