It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Making Big Progress and Cleaning Up.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Even though we only planned to continue organizing the apartment today we were both having breakfast before 8:00 this morning. We discussed what else might be needing to be taken care of and priorities were set. Once we’d given our Computers some attention in order to find out what other RV Bloggers are up to as well as the big names in the News we put our plans in motion.

Kathy set about getting the Crock Pot set up to once again cook our supper for us. It is hard to believe that we had the Fridge in our Trailer better organized then we do here in the apartment. Part of the problem is that this Fridge/Freezer is made deep rather then wide. Having had one of those years ago the problem is you tend to loose things in the back until it’s too late to eat it as leftovers instead they find their way straight to the Trash Can.

My chore was to start sorting the Laundry since it has been over a Week and a Half so we are starting to get thin on a few things. Trying to do this among Boxes and Containers in the living room was a learning experience.

Since we’d had a Lite Breakfast we chose to have an early lunch. Keeping it on the Lite Theme Kathy served us more Italian Wedding Soup and topped it off with a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

Kathy continued sorting through the remaining Boxes while I headed downstairs to the Laundry Room. I was surprised to find most of the Washers and Dryers only costing a Dollar per load while others cost Two Dollars. I remember Laundromats charging that nearly Forty Years ago. Not knowing the other residents too well I stayed until everything was washed, dried and folded before going back upstairs.

Kathy had been her usual whirl wind self and had sorted through Five Boxes. What was still in those boxes will be sold in the spring at a Garage Sale. With those taking up space I used our Utility Cart to load Boxes in the Car then another load of empty Storage Bins into the Truck to take back to our Storage Unit. Even though it’s not totally organized just yet we can now walk around our Living/Dining Room.
Using my Headlight I was installing the  Pull-Outs.
Yesterday we purchased some Pull-Out Drawers so we could organize our Kitchen Cabinets because Kathy was having trouble bending over. That meant that everything was just inside the doors and the back Twelve Inches was completely empty. It took me a Half Hour to empty the bottom shelf of that Cabinet, install all three of the Pull-Outs and organize the Food Stocks that I put back inside. There is some space between that can be used for certain things that we don’t get a lot of but the Pull-Outs are a definite bonus.
Now we won't loose anything at the back of the Cabinet.
The Crock Pot did exactly what Kathy wanted by cooking a delicious meal of Corned Beef, Potatoes and Carrots. This time for dessert we had Canadian made Fruit Cake. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but what they sell as Fruit Cake in the US just doesn’t hold a candle to this.

After we did the dishes Kathy headed to her Computer while I went to work on Pill Doucettes. I know that I just did them last week for Kathy but there weren’t enough of certain Vitamins to do more then a week’s worth for myself. Tonight I only had to do Thirty Eight Days worth for myself. It was hard keeping track of everything in the middle of our move.

Tomorrow we are forecasted to have a Heat Wave of 45 F (7 C) so we might try going out for a bit. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Classic Bumper Sticker #621

Sorry! My karma just ran over your dogma.

8 comments:

  1. Really like those pullout drawers. Now more lost or outdated cans in the back of the bottom cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim put pull out drawers in our fifth wheel and they were life savers. Glad you are getting settled and hopefully can rest pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent idea of installing pull out drawers. Wish I was as handy as you.

    May I ask you a question? I know your storage unit is climate controlled does that mean that in the winter they keep it heated?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky for me, my house has several pull out drawers. They are a money saver, for sure. Nice you are settling in and getting organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have same problem with frig. We need a pull out drawer for the refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the cabinets, and I'm sure it is great to start seeing less boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pull out drawers. I have a large cabinet for food storage so it's easy to reach things but under the counter cabinets are a pain to reach. Those would be great for storage containers that keep falling into the darkestdeepest part of the cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing a good job, as always. I have those drawers also and they can take a lot of weight, so you can double up on items you store there. If you make it too comfy in the apt. you'll never want to leave it ;-)

    ReplyDelete