It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Appointments, Errands and Cold Blowing Winds.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

It wasn’t until after 8:00 this morning that we got out of bed. We had breakfast then our Coffee/Tea at the Computers but that was as far as our Rubber Stamped Morning went. By 9:30 we were getting all our morning chores done as we practically flew through the apartment getting ready to go. Having everything that I needed to bring with me we were out the Door by 10:00.
Beautiful Blue but Cold Water.
When we walked out the rear entrance and looked towards the River it seemed to have a deep aqua colour to the Water. The Temperature was a comfortable 54 F (12 C) which nearly made wearing a Jacket too much.

We arrived with minutes to spare at the Rheumatologist’s Office for Kathy’s appointment. While we sat there waiting the Sun was shining so brightly through the Glazed Glass that we were nearly being blinded. As Patients were being brought in for their appointments others were arriving. A couple arrived and shortly after their arrival wife needed something from their car but when the husband went to get it he was stopped in his tracks. It was pouring down Rain to the point that he would have been soaked through just going to the car. Five Minutes later the Sun was shining through the Windows again. The doctor was running Ninety Minutes behind but wish Kathy a Merry Christmas and will see her again in the Spring.
The Plywood is where someone drove into the door.
Since it was now past noon we stopped at Taco Bell for our lunch. Seeing the side door blocked off we entered through the front. After getting our food we saw that someone had tried a different method of driving their vehicle through the door.

By the time we finished eating the temperature had dropped to 46 F (8 C) and the wind had started gusting to Forty MPH. I was now wishing I had a warmer Coat.
Our next stop was at Staples where I had to make copies of my updated Resume. The reason for doing that is the ink from our Deskjet Printer will run if it gets damp or wet where a Copier is a Laser Printer and will not run or smear. While Kathy walked around I programmed the Copier for a simple Black and White only Print at Twelve Cents a copy. When I printed at Home my E-mail printed in Blue while everything else was Black. The Copier picked up that Blue and was charging me Forty-Two Cents a copy. Of course that was already charged to my Visa Card but when I explained to the clerk what happen he refunded me the entire amount so the copies actually cost me Nothing.
Since we were next door Kathy wanted to check out the Christmas Decorations that Walmart had as a way of getting herself into the festive mood. This additional walking was also helping us to wear down our lunch.

Next we went to Princess Auto where we had been overcharged on our last purchase Eight Days ago. They had to review the tape before they could refund us so we got more walking in. Ten Minutes later we were getting our refund and we were walking out the door.
Our next stop was to Canadian Tire where I returned the Light Fixture that we had thought about installing in our Bathroom. When this Fixture ended up being smaller then the unpainted part of the wall where the Old Fixture had been I simply repaired it. They saw the Box had never been opened so that was a quick refund.
With the Temperature dropping further and the Wind increasing we went to the Tecumseh Mall. We walked around the Marshall’s/Home Sense for a while. It was fun seeing what they had because no other stores in town carry these Unique Items at these Low Prices. We also stopped at the Tim Horton’s in the Food Court to have a Coffee and a Snack. We got to do some People Watching while sitting there.

When we walked outside to the car the temperature on the dash showed 39 F (4 C) and the wind had increased to nearly Fifty MPH. As we drove to our next destination a Light Rain started.
Our last stop was at Shoppers Drug Mart where I had gotten a Wrist Guard that wasn’t what I really wanted. It was strange that it was the Same Cashier that had processed the purchase. She noticed the Box was still sealed so again it was a quick refund.
Lights were coming on at 4:00 in the afternoon.
It was a good thing I let Kathy off at the front entrance to our Apartment Building before parking the Car because I was nearly frozen by the time I got inside. It was just after 4:00 but it was already so dark that the Automatic Lights were already turning on in the area.

As we were getting caught up on the Computers the Wind was blowing through our Balcony Rail so hard that it sounded like Grinders and Sirens throughout most of the evening.

Having had that Snack earlier we weren’t that hungry so we had Nacho Corn Chips with Salsa as another snack and were quite satisfied with that.
We also watched another Hallmark Christmas Movie. It wasn’t until I started writing this post that I realized I didn’t get those pictures posted. Guess what I’ll be doing tomorrow. I also forgot to mention that our Cactus Flower is starting to Bloom. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Classic Bumper Sticker #256

Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

8 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those refunds? The Christmas cactus is beautiful. Makes me want to get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm and dry indoors. I'm sure this kind of cold and wet weather must be painful to Kathy's limbs. I have to agree, the Christmas Cactus is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alot of running around...made me tired! LOL. The cactus is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of a Xmas cactus, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys sure do get around. I had to smile when you said that it was 54 degrees and you considered wearing a jacket too much...jajaja...it is 56 right now in Del Rio and I have the heater on as well as a jacket inside of the house...I know overkill!

    You have pretty strong winds had wondered how that felt in a highrise and I got my answer. I had never seen a Christmas Cactus flower...it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cactus. My mom had a red one and it bloomed twice a year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cactus!
    Another busy day for you two! Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. Take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete