It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 22, 2019

Getting Things Changed, Cleaned and Together.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Once again I was opening the Balcony Blinds before 7:30 this morning. Even thought there wasn’t as much Sun as there was yesterday to start the day it wasn’t Raining. Looking down towards the Trees they were moving quite noticeably which meant we had High Wind Gusts. Once I’d set things up to quickly make breakfast I turned on my Computer.
The Weather Network showed Wind Gusts nearing the Thirty MPH mark. There was little chance of seeing much Sun this morning but the forecast showed that would change by afternoon. Our high would only reach 36 F (2 C) this afternoon.
After breakfast was over and we had enjoyed our Two Cup morning at the Computers we started back on our chores by mid morning.
Kathy wanted to clean the Grout in the Bathroom today. Even with her Arthritis bothering her Hands she continues to push herself.
Not very inviting.
Since we’ve moved in we’ve noticed a number of Electrical Issues. Even though we could easily give a list to the Building Manager and wait for the Maintenance Man to fix them it was easier just for me to do it. I’ve been working on Household and Automotive Electrical since before going to High School. In less then an Hour I replaced a Wall Outlet and Light Switch in the bedroom along with the Light Fixture in the storage room.
Finally the Sun starts to break through the Clouds.
Next I lined the Kitchen Drawers so the Utensils wouldn’t mark the inside of the drawers. Having brought home my Drafting “T” Square from the Storage Unit I was able waste less Material and Time by accurately marking the pieces the first time. In Twenty Minutes that was another chore complete.
For our late lunch (1:30) I made Chicken Noodle Soup to have with the Beef Burrito that we shared. I brought it home last night because there was too much to eat in the Box Meal. Kathy found some Cookies to go with the Strawberry Yogurt Cups for our dessert.

While I assembled the small Book Shelf we purchased yesterday at Giant Tiger Kathy finished cleaning up the Ceramic Floor Tiles before moving Very Special Books to that Shelf.
The other day we purchased a Picture that Kathy fell in love with at JYSK so today I planned to mount it. First I had to move the Bed away from the wall. I noticed Rub Marks on the wall where the top of the Headboard was rubbing so I cut and installed some strips of Felt Padding to attach to the Headboard. That will stop any further Marks on the wall. After mounting Cleats on the Picture I was then able to locate where to put the Nails into the Wall. With the Picture in place Kathy says she’ll be dreaming of that place every night.

I also added Power Bars near each of our Nightstands so if we add Lamps or Clocks I won’t have to move the Bed again.
Clouds disappearing just before the Sun sets.
I was able to wire up the DVD Player and Stereo that we brought from our Storage Unit. Kathy said she’d never be able to connect it but I’ve done this not only for us but others many times and besides the Wires are Colour Coded.
Chicken Breast, Spanish Rice and Corn.
Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie
It was nearly 5:00 when Kathy started cooking supper and noticed that it seemed to be getting darker outside. I checked The Weather Network that showed the Sun would be setting in Two Minutes. With the Wind still blowing hard and chilly temperatures outside I didn’t feel like venturing out on the Balcony but was able to capture a few shots as the Sun set through the Balcony Door at a sharp angle.
The Weather Guessers are forecasting that our Temperatures will be slowly cooling down. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your Facebook profile photo is from a traffic camera.



4 comments:

  1. Boy do you have a magnificent view!!! I wish I had even a little bit of your electrical knowledge. I want to change out several light switches, but don't have the nerve to try. I absolutely LOVE that picture Kathy picked out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any owner would be lucky to have you as renters. Obviously you will be leaving that rental until ( some day ) in much better condition then when you moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy day again! Nice that you are making your apartment your own so it's a home. :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tell you Rick you could be making money as a Handyman until you find a full-time job. I would hire you!

    ReplyDelete