It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Making Progress, Kathy Running Errands and Dealing With Headaches.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

This morning it was not hard to tell that we are beginning the downward slide of summer as I had to activate the Wipers a few times on my way to Work. As per usual I was the first to arrive followed by Ron Ten Minutes later.

I started the day working with Carter finishing the job of etching all the Serial Numbers in the pieces I started the other day. Since nobody showed me how to do it the other day I asked Carter to show me how to program the machine so I won’t have to wait for someone else to do it for me next time.

When that was finished I reclaimed some material from the Scrap Box to make a Secure Stopping Device to use on the Rotisserie. When I had suggested it Three Weeks ago the Owner had said it wasn’t necessary but his method is “Unsafe” because it wasn’t reliable.

It was half way ready when he showed up wanting another modification on the Jig. It wasn’t needed but I said I would and did do it but pointed out what I was making. As soon as he started to object I said his method was “Unsafe” and this was only taking my time to create it. He agreed.
Since I get up earlier in the morning Kathy senses my absence and has been getting up around 7:00. That gave her time to run an errand for me today. I mentioned how Cutting Wheels had broken and struck my Left Hand. The pain subsided but yesterday there was a pain in my Thumb as if there might be a Hairline Fracture. She was looking for an Elastic Tape that would add pressure to the digit and take the pain away. She was at the Shoppers Drug Mart in Amherstburg before 10:30 but had no luck. Heading Home she dug through our First Aid Kit and came up with a few things for me.
When I spoke to Kathy at lunch it was Raining quite heavy back Home while it was only partly cloudy where I was at. The Rain Gauge would later indicate that a Half Inch of Rain had fallen in an Hour.
Kathy's lunch looked like mine.
The Architect finally delivered the needed measurements so the required Layout Templates could be made. By 1:00 I was busy tacking the Brackets on using the TIG. The Owner thought they should weld on faster but that’s impossible. Aluminium loves to get rid of Heat and since everything was clamped to the Steel Workbench it also had to warm up before the tacking could take place. By the time I left for the day Four out of Six modules were ready for welding on a different Bench.

Kathy had spent the remainder of the afternoon going through the File Cabinet and removing the out of date folders. She didn’t stop until after I walked in the door. She commented about the Salt Stains on my T-Shirt cause by the warm temperatures I was working in.
After relaxing for a few minutes Kathy made Strawberry Shortcake for dessert to go along with the Microwaved Corn on the Cob and the Spare Ribs I was outside grilling. It all tasted great leaving us Satisfied but not Stuffed.
Still Cloudy.
Then the headaches started. The other day I attempted to order some Welders Coveralls from a Distributor in Alberta but it didn’t go through. When I contacted the Distributor they said it was our Credit Card that was the problem. When I spoke to a Credit Card Representative this evening they said there had been nothing charged or attempted to charge to our account in over a month. When I tried to order the Welders Coveralls this evening it went straight through. It wasn’t our Credit Card that was the problem.
Next I had to call Bell about our High Monthly Charge. Neither Kathy or myself use our Phones for anything but to make and receive calls. Somewhere somehow Kathy’s Cell Phone had the Data turned on and Apps that we don’t use were having a field day updating at our expense. That won’t happen again.

When I finally took my Shower it woke me right up. We've been having some Rain and distant ThunderWith tomorrow being Friday I’m looking forward to the Weekend. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Confession is good for the soul.

2 comments:

  1. I rather imagine welding is a hot job. I hope your thumb heals quickly. They are an important appendage!! YAY for weekends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me remember how I looked forward to Friday's when I worked.

    Hope your left hand heals soon.

    ReplyDelete