It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 30, 2019

Making Adjustments, Luncheon Barbecue and More Weight Loss.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Today was quite the change of pace at Work. Instead of spending my day welding most of my day was spent fine tuning the Mechanical Part of the Project. The only time that I saw the Owner today was early in the day. He wanted a slight change to the Spring Pins so they would not be mistakenly released. Other then that he was complimentary to me. I would later learn that he had screamed at the guys on the Paint Line. He had them remove parts from the Line that the Supervisor had just had them hang on.

I had to remind the Supervisor that I had not assembled the original Mechanical/Hydraulic Part of the Prototype. This was like I was doing it for the very first time. I also had to make up a Parts List from memory for the next Two Units that I will be starting on very shortly. The Supervisor told me to talk to the Engineer and he told me to talk to the Supervisor. I was also getting frustrated when I would place a part that I was about to install on my Workbench only for it to temporarily disappear. They were being used to compare with other parts in a Catalogue then returned to where I had put them.

Even though most the pieces of Material I am using is cut using a Laser the Computer doesn’t always cut the hole sizes to the right dimension. That left me adjusting a number of them by hand. By the end of the day the Aluminium Top and the Metal Base are within minutes of being joined together.

Today was also special and I’m not just saying that for “TGIF”. During the Summer Months the last Friday of the month the Company puts on a small Barbecue for all its employees. Not too many Companies do that so it was a nice touch. They grill Hamburgers and Italian Sausages but also have Salads, Condiments as well as Pops. Some of the guys had both filling their plates and then had a hard time to move around after. I had a Sausage today along with small scoop of Potato Salad and Caesars Salad. I also had my own V-8 Juice.

At the end of the shift everyone was happy to be heading Home for the Long Labour Day Weekend. I had to get Fuel for the Truck but Traffic as well as the Pumps were slow.

Kathy had been as busy as she could be sorting files and cleaning with her tender hand. We sent another correspondence for a Market Place Listing but since the person won’t be in town for a few days we’ll be seeing it next Thursday after I get off of Work.

After we cleaned up the Dishes I walked over to the Park Laundry Room. I not only had the Coveralls that I had worn at Work today but the New Coveralls as well. New Coveralls have a coating that is called Sizing to hold the Dye and Material together but it also makes the Coveralls hot.

Since I was the only one there I waited until they were all in the Dryer before walking over to the Park Exercise Room. It felt wonderful to walk out of there without a limp or sore back. I was also happy that I didn’t overeat at lunch. I have now lost a total of Fifteen Pounds since my return the Working World.

Back Home with all my Coveralls nicely folded we talked about what we’ll be doing this weekend. Tomorrow is looking to be busy. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You know you are getting old when

you look forward to a dull evening.

5 comments:

  1. Losing that few extra pounds is awesome. And don't you feel stronger? There is something to be said about working!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bar b q is a nice touch that they do! Congrats on the weight loss! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that having a monthly cookout for the employees is a nice touch.

    Congratulations on the weight loss but also your will power to be able to pass up a second plate and going with a smaller portion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of people pay big bucks to gyms & personal trainers to lose that kind of weight, but *you're* the one getting paid while you're doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss. That is a lot in a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete