It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Happy Owner, Kathy’s Still Seeing Stars, Package Arrives and Wonderful Visit.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

The first thing I did at Work this morning was to clean off my Workbench of all the debris and tools left behind from modifying the Prototype yesterday. As soon as I saw Gerry the Supervisor I mentioned my plan to return to the Second Aluminium Project immediately after.

I started making progress finishing tacking the panels in place when the Owner showed up much earlier then usual. He was glowing and happy at the adjustments to the Prototype Modification that I chose to do on my own. He was certain that the Customer would be happy at the way it was working.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunchtime she mentioned that my Package had arrived at the Guardian Storage. She needed something to do so she would collect it along with our Mail.

With Monday’s loss of Electrical Power after lunch outside contractors came in to work on the system. “Unfortunately” that meant I had to set up additional Welding Curtains to protect them from getting a Welding Flash. Why I said “Unfortunately” that resulted in even less Air Circulation by the Laser Cutters and because the welding processes that I am using no Fans can be used. The Project was completely welded by the end of the shift but my Coveralls were again completely soaked.
When I got Home Kathy was all excited that she had run her errands without being the least bit nervous. She did manage to grip the Steering Wheel with her Right Hand which she immediately regretted. As mentioned before when she was very young both her Mother and Grandmother taught her to use Landmarks as a way of getting around but Landmarks are constantly changing their appearance. Now that she is learning the Street Names of roads that she has travelled most of her life she is much more comfortable and relaxed.
Wildwood's resident Blue Heron.
The Package that had come in was the Welders Button Up Cotton Coveralls that I ordered all the way from Alberta. The first thing I did was to try on both pair that I ordered to be certain their sizing and mine were the same. My present Coveralls are a 52 Tall so that was what I ordered. Looks like I’ll be rolling up the Cuffs on these but if I had just ordered the 52 Regular the Sleeves would probably have been too short. I’ll wash them to take some of the Sizing (Chemical Dye Sealer on Fabrics) out of the material which could shrink them down just a bit.
While I had my Shower Kathy was busy pan frying Potato Slices and a Salmon Fillet that we shared as well as cooking Niblet Corn in the Microwave. She also topped it off with a slice of Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert. It all tasted wonderful and Kathy only banged her hand once more.
We were soon on our way to Amherstburg for our weekly visit with our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa. With the cooler temperatures we were able to sit on their Screened In Back Deck where the cool breeze made it very comfortable. While Kathy and Melissa talked Kevin and I gathered a few more tools for me to bring with to Work. I had been told to only bring in Welding Tools but it seems that my duties also include Mechanical, Hydraulic and 12 Volt Electrical Work.
Since it was Kevin’s Birthday on Monday we were treated to a piece of Birthday Cake. (They say there’s no Calories in Birthday Cakes.) The rest of the evening was spent talking about anything that came to mind most of the time something that was making us all laugh.
Before we knew it was time to head for Home. With the cooler breezes we are actually getting some half decent Sunsets to look at. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You know your wife's bra size but not her eye colour.

4 comments:

  1. Boy are they going to miss you when you head South. I think you are going to have a summer job whenever you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Kathy is getting more confident getting around the city.

    Bet you were glad to get your two pairs of cover-alls. Are cover-alls the same as over-alls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll have to go on that no calorie birthday cake diet! :cD

    ReplyDelete