It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2019

All Pills Counted, Surprise Visit, Getting Ahead and Unexpected Storms.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Once again I started staring at the ceiling slightly after 6:00 but managed to convince myself to have another nap until just after 7:00 when my back told me it was time to get up. Just knowing that I was still at Home and the fact that Kathy had taken a Night-Time Tylenol helped her to sleep until nearly 9:00.

After our Lite Breakfast was over we sat at the Computers until we had finished drinking our Coffee/Tea. With afternoon plans we wanted to look fresh so we both took morning Showers to freshen up.

Since Kathy had completed her chore with the File Cabinet I reloaded it in the Car so it could be returned to our Storage Unit.

As mentioned in yesterday’s Blog I keep track of all Medications and Vitamins that we have in stock but for some reason the numbers the Computer showed didn’t seem to look right. To settle that dilemma there was only one thing I could do and that was to start counting them all again. Using a special mat that the Medication and Vitamins don’t roll off of then using my trusty Decorator’s Spatula I managed to get all the Medication counted before lunch.
Kathy made up my favourite Split Pea with Ham Soup for lunch along with Watermelon for our dessert. Satisfying but not overly filling. Kathy also did up the dishes while I went back to counting the Vitamins. As soon as I counted them I used a Sharpie and mark the count on the Vials.

It was close to 1:30 when we had a knock on our Door. When I answered it was my cousin Jackie saying my aunt Anna was in the car and she wondered if we were up to a surprise visit. We certainly were so while she helped her mother out of the car Kathy and I scrambled to hide the Pills.

It felt nice having them for the first time but since my aunt Anna uses a walker she suggested sitting under the Gazebo. The visit was going well even with distant Thunder approaching until the skies opened up and the Wind started blowing the Rain sideways. A little scramble took place while we moved inside especially for my aunt. I stood nearby which was a good thing when she suddenly fell backwards into my arms. I was able to place her standing inside the trailer while Jackie was gasping for air after seeing her mother taking that backwards dive.

We visited for nearly an Hour while Lightning flashed all around us and the Rain fell hard enough that we were all speaking with raised voices. Too soon it was time for them to leave and because the Rain had stopped. This time I led the way down the steps making certain there were no near accidents. After more Hugs and Kisses we waved as they drove off.

Inside I was able to finish counting the last of the Vitamins before finishing the Spreadsheet Data Entries. Now our Pill Count is accurate.

Kathy advised me to start writing the Blog early and I’m glad I did. Lots of times I just can’t start that early in the day but not today. Unfortunately I had to put it on hold as we had to leave by 5:00.
We were on our way to meet our Dear Friend Vera at the Red Lobster in Windsor. We arrived with minutes to spare but Vera had told Kathy she might be a bit late. We all enjoyed their Fish and Chip Meals but mostly it was the Friendship that we’ll remember and cherish.
The closest we got to a Sunset Picture tonight.
After more Hugs in the parking lot Vera headed home and we headed for Guardian Storage. For not having gotten our Mail in a week there was very little to get. We then drove back to our Climate Controlled Storage Unit where we easily put our File Cabinet away until the next time we need it.

Since Kathy has more Medical Appointments coming this week we stopped at the Pioneer gas station on our way Home to top up the Gas Tank.

Even though The Weather Network had showed us having a clear evening this afternoon we were no sooner in the Door when Lightning and Rain started. Checking the Radar Six Hours Later it was showing a major storm all the way from St Louis all the way to North Bay.

Three Days more of these Hot Temperatures before we start getting more reasonable temperatures. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Sir Winston Churchill

3 comments:

  1. Right place, right time. It's a good thing you caught her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to have your family visit you. It could have been tragic had you not caught her in time.

    I was watching a drug commercial last night called Pillpack and asked myself why does this sound familiar? Then I remember you do the same thing with your medication.

    Glad you had a nice dinner with your friend. You also lucked out by not having to cook or wash dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep the pills in those 7 day boxes. Makes it easy to keep track of them. When it seems like the pills are getting low, I just get more:)

    ReplyDelete