It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 12, 2019

Bouncing Around At Work, Kathy Did Good and Our Neighbours Made It.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Today was a crazy day at Work. After doing as much as I could on the job I started last week and making adjustments to the settings on the Welding Machine to make it perform the way it should I was reassigned to a job that had to have serial numbers put on all 175 Pieces. By lunchtime I managed to get 100 of those Pieces etched.

I had to chuckle to myself when the other people in the Lunchroom started swooning over the Strawberries that Kathy had cleaned and packed in my lunch for a dessert. Most of them had Fast Food off the Truck or Processed Food that got heated in the Microwave.

When I called Home Kathy was just getting in from getting our Car serviced at the dealership in Windsor. After the coaching she had yesterday her confidence level was better, she remained focused and didn’t panic the least bit. She was proud of herself just as I was of her.

The Owner thought that I did such a great job of modifying a Jig last week he had me start doing another. Problem was Five Minutes after getting it on the workbench he had something else for me to work on. If you recall the Customer that purchased the Prototype suggested some changes. So after giving me a quick suggestion I was busy welding new Aluminium Parts to make the change. I barely finishing by the end of the shift.
When I arrived Home on our Site I was pleasantly surprised to see our neighbours Maynard and Marva’s car at their Site. They are such a pleasant couple but he was quite ill when we saw him at the beginning of the season. Kathy and I went over to see how they were doing.
When he saw me Maynard jokingly said that it looked like I had just come from Work. Imagine the shocked look on his face when I said that I had. At first he thought that I was pulling a joke on him until I told him it was true.
Maynard’s heart had caused him problems earlier this year which delayed a badly needed Hip Replacement. Marva said that he tries to rush his recovery and his doctors warned him to slow down. They are planning on spending their first night here this season tonight and hope to spend more. We talked for nearly an Hour and a Half so after Hugs and Handshakes we headed Home.
While Kathy made a wonderful Garden Salad I grilled some Spare Ribs. Unfortunately we had our Salads eaten before the Ribs were cooked but it all tasted wonderful.
While Kathy did up the Dishes I went outside to empty and flush our Waste Tanks as well as covering our Grill. Our Showers felt wonderful and relaxing. I don’t think we’ll have any problems sleeping tonight. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You know you are getting old when

you can live without sex but not without glasses.

7 comments:

  1. Well done Kathy. Rick how can you keep up with the ever changing job instructions? Do this, wait no do that, no start with this first! It must be stressful. Kudos to you for handling it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to lower those stress levels. Good job Kathy!! Just don't let Rick get used to it TOO much! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick, you may have retired too soon.
    It looks as though you have not missed a beat in working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick your boss might think about you, "Gee I wish this guy would have shown up sooner at our doorstep!" You might have another job opening waiting for you next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that Kathy makes your lunch, I made Ken's every day that he worked. Lot's of people were always jealous so I get it! So much better for you to have a home brought lunch for sure! Way to go Kathy! Good for Kathy for getting around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously you are doing a good job, but it sounds like the boss should work on his focus:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am proud of Kathy too. I have no idea how you keep up with all the work and modifications that come your way. In the short time you have been there you have proven yourself to be a very valuable employee.

    ReplyDelete