It's about time.

Many of you that can relate to this. Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Getting Ready.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

With a thunder storm in the forecast for last night Kathy decided we should keep the Air Conditioner on. The problem was that the temperature dipped down to 50 F (10 C) which made it on the chilly side. Even though I tried to pull the covers over my legs Kathy in her sleep kept pulling them down. When she is sleeping and she feels warm than I should be warm as well but I’m not. 

We also managed to sleep in again which is way out of character for us but we were sitting at the computers by 9:00 to do our morning reading. After doing the morning dishes together I was soon out the door on my way to the Ford dealers for an oil change before we leave on Monday. The appointment was made for a little later in the morning but I hoped that by getting there earlier they might just slide me in unfortunately everyone ahead of me was already there. 

We also have a remote start system in our truck and this is the third time that we have had to have it reset as well. No matter how often I try to do it myself it just will not work for me. Unfortunately I only brought the one remote fob so when the shuttle driver brought me back to the apartment I had to send Kathy’s set of keys back with him. 

Kathy had stayed behind because she had an appointment with Mary a RN from Healthy Heals. Due to Kathy’s diabetic history and our health coverage the nurse comes right to our apartment and makes certain that Kathy’s toe nails are not causing her problems like they have in the past. 

I took the time to activate our new Shout Out cell phone. I was able to establish the phone number but when it came to doing the test call it wouldn’t work. Calling the 800 number wondering how I messed it up the tech at the other end told me there was something not written in the manual. Once activated it takes thirty minutes before the account is fully active so just relax and turn the phone off for the half hour then try it. It Worked! 

After lunch we had a number of things we did inside because we were waiting to hear from the dealership that the truck was ready. Finally I called just after 4:00 to find out for myself. My service rep didn’t know so returned my call after finding out saying the mechanic had just finished. They also managed to find other things they said were wrong with the truck but those I’ll be checking myself before I bring it back to them. 

It was past 5:30 by the time we got back to the apartment and we both had the craving for fish and chips. We went over to the Michigan Diner on Manning Road and ordered off the seniors menu which filled us up but not out. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Doctor, doctor, you'll never believe this but I went glass blowing and instead of blowing out I breathed in. Don't tell me, now you've got a pane in your stomach.


  1. I have had my speak out for for a couple years now, works good and is very reasonable with no contract. Both things are a bonus.

  2. I wonder why that don't print the 30 minute wait time in the instructions. Sure would make life a bit easier.