It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

More Changes On The Project, Kathy Got Turned Around and More Wet Weather.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

The first thing I noticed when I got to Work this morning was that the MIG Machine that I’ve been using was no longer in my area. When you work for a company and they own the Machine you can expect things like that to happen. Still having plenty of time before the start of the shift I gathered my Personal Tools and put them in the Toolbox that I retrieved from the Basement yesterday. All the Company Tools were left out in the open for anyone to see or use.

I later found out that some of the staff had worked Saturday replacing the Drive-Line on the Paint Booth Conveyor so that was where the Machine had ended up. The next thing I heard would make me wonder about the sanity of the next decision. That same MIG Machine was being sent to set up a Second Paint Line in a section of an Old Building that had been rented. If I needed to weld a Frame up I would have to use one of the other Welding Benches that were already being used by other Welders.

I worked on setting up the Hydraulics but needed more supplies. The Owner was there by 7:30 this morning so I gave him the written list of what was needed. In the meantime my job would be at a standstill so when Gerry the Supervisor asked if I was busy I was happy to help him out by going to work on the Brake shaping parts for other jobs.

I was able to get Two Jobs completely bent and started another when the Owner came around at 2:00 saying my parts had all arrived. It didn’t take long to get it all assembled but some of the Parts were not what I had recommended that he order. When the Owner saw it first hand he agreed with me but then he also suggested another modification. It was 3:30 so the Project could wait until tomorrow when he would have the Parts I had originally recommended.

Immediately after I clocked out I retrieved my bag of Clothes from the Truck so that I could change. With the Rush Hour Traffic it took me nearly a Half Hour to reach Vital-Aire. Kathy was already there being instructed in the use of her new CPAP Machine. While Ron went to the other room to get our Health Care Providers Okay Kathy and I had a chance to talk but we were running out of time because we had another appointment. As soon as the paperwork was finished Kathy left to get to the next appointment.

It took Ron almost Twenty Minutes to fully instruct me on the use of this newer Temporary Machine. Unlike Kathy’s that is preset to a specific pressure mine is an Automatic System all because the Sleepover Data was inconclusive. By using this machine hopefully the data recovered from the SD Card will determine what the pressure will be set on my New Machine.

I was soon on my way to Fantastic Sam’s for our appointed Haircuts. Imagine my surprise when I arrived and Kathy wasn’t there. Somehow going through one of the Construction Zones they would not allow her to make the turn where she needed. She ended up getting turned around and stuck in a Sub-Division that the roads go every which way. Jenna was nearly finished my haircut before Kathy arrived.

It was past 6:00 by the time we were on our way Home so we stopped at Wendy’s for supper. We had our usual Chicken Wraps from the Value Menu, their Small Chocolate Frosties and Senior’s Soft Drinks all for the low price of $7.19.

As we were enjoying our meal we noticed the sky filling with big black Clouds. We finished our meals and headed for Home. We passed through a number of small showers before we got to our Site. Grabbing what we could we barely got inside when it started pouring Rain for an entire minute. I was then able to bring the rest of our things in.

With this being the first night using these new CPAP Machines we might not sleep as well as we should. We’ll keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've circled the block for a second look because of something you saw in the trash.

4 comments:

  1. I hope the new machines worked out for you and you got some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when you're gone for the winter, your boss is going to miss all the hard work you put in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nancy, he's gonna miss you! Hopefully the new machines worked for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you were able to sleep last night and that your machines will help you in the future.

    ReplyDelete