It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 6, 2019

More Adjustments, Kathy’s Hand Appointment and Completing Chores.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

The only job that I had to deal with at Work this morning was the Second Aluminium Project or should I say a part of it. After finishing the clean-up on the Metal Frame I marked where the new pieces would be located. Since the MIG Machine that I previously used was shipped over to the Other Plant once that the Layout was finished I had to use someone else’s MIG. Darion was having issues with his Machine so after a few adjustments it was running top notch making it the One I used.

The Owner was happy to see the Spot Welder working like it should. (Not bad for not knowing what I was doing.) He was also happy to see the Hydraulics fitting together the way they were supposed to. He was like a child wanting to see the final fit. The fit was much better but another Eighth of an Inch will put it right on the mark.
We even had some showers today.
Kathy had a 12:00 noon appointment to see the Surgeon for her Hand. He was pleased with the healing and now gave Kathy simple exercises to help get her Hand back in the shape as well as leaving it more exposed.
The Bees were swarming these flowers.
After she grabbed a snack at the Tim Horton’s Concession for her lunch before heading off. She had an appointment to check our another Marketplace Listing but when she arrived it seemed the person was having a bad day.
There are suddenly many more Spiders.
The Owner was away the entire afternoon so I spent most of it getting the Hydraulics operational. Just before the end of the Shift I noticed how the Solenoids went beyond the plate had me thinking about the Overall Length. When all the measuring was done the entire unit would have been just over an Inch too long. I turned the Pump completely around so we then had room to spare but the Hoses were now binding. Routing One Hose in One Direction and the other Hose in the opposite way it all fit like a glove. Gerry the Supervisor authorized me to stay the extra Half Hour to make it right.
It felt good to be Home where Kathy described her day. She cooked up some Perogies while I grilled a couple of Hotdogs for our supper. We know that’s still a lot of Carbs but we’ve cut back in our portion sizes.
After eating while the Water Heater worked its magic I went outside to mow the Grass while the Waste Tanks were being emptied and flushed. Once the trimming and cleaning were complete I went inside to wash the Dishes while Kathy carefully dried them.

Our Hot Showers felt Wonderful this evening. Even though our Temperatures were only in the Mid-Seventies today it felt warmer in the plant meaning my Coveralls were left behind to dry. Tomorrow may be my day off but we’ll be busy. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Don't let schooling interfere with your education.

Mark Twain, American Writer

4 comments:

  1. Looks like the electric mower works good for a small lawn if you don't mind moving the cord around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL .. my thoughts exactly. I have an electric mower and the cord is a pain!! I guess it's that time of year because the spiders are out in force here too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also have spiders all over the place, I can't wait to go south and be rid of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Kathy's hand is progressing nicely. Those flowers with the bees are very pretty I do not believe I have seen them before.

    ReplyDelete