It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, May 25, 2018

Water Leak, Riding Around The Park, What Were They Thinking and Neighbours Didn’t Recognize Us.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Sleeping past 8:00 this morning felt quite natural since we are Retired we weren’t in a rush to go anywhere. We had left all the Windows and Ceiling Vents opened but just closed the Shades overnight. At that early an hour the Heat was already starting to warm things up until I opened the Shades to allow more Air Circulation.

We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, then took our Coffees to the Computers. This is getting to be a challenge just to get On-Line but disheartening not to be able to leave Comments. Kathy thought that she had won the lottery when she left an Anniversary Greeting to our son and daughter-in-law on Messenger this morning. She would later find out that it didn’t go through like the Comments we’ve been trying to make all week.

I was outside by 10:00 with plans that we use our Tandem Bicycle to ride around the Park but when I saw Joe one of the Owners of the Park working on a nearby Site I needed to talk to him. A short while back I mentioned to a couple Mike and Pat that had their New Mobile Suites moved onto Our Old Site. It was a couple days later when we finally spoke to find out they are Newbies when it comes to RVing and they had just purchased this 2014 Unit from a gentleman that had just lost his wife. Since they still work nobody has been at the Trailer this week and there was Water constantly dripping by the front Hydraulic Jack. When I showed Joe the Leak he agreed that someone had forgotten to winterize the Water Lines to the Washer Dryer Connections that most Fifth Wheels have today. With the Severe Winter this area had this past winter, the Water probably froze and split the line. He called the Office to notify the owners. 

Kathy and I enjoyed riding every street in the Park. We saw Russ’s new Montana and when we stopped to talk with our old neighbour Ted we saw Bob was having his Trailer evaluated as a possible Trade-in with Ed from Leisure Trailer Sales.


That ride stimulated our appetites so we chose to have an early lunch. I was in the process of grilling some All Beef Ballpark Franks when Ed asked if I had a Tape Measure he could borrow. Apparently our neighbours across the street from us needed a new Awning but didn’t know the size. I lowered the heat on the Weber while I gave Ed a hand to measure the Awning. The Franks were not burnt so after a bit more heat we enjoyed a lite but tasty lunch.

While Kathy busied herself paying her Medic Alert, the War Amps and our Canadian Snowbird dues I went back outside to start searching the Basement for the SMA Extension Cable so that I could mount our Wilson WeBoost Antenna on the roof to improve our MiFi connection. It was in the container it was supposed to be in but when I had pulled a Table out of the Basement for the Yard Sale the container got buried.

With everything I needed loaded in a shopping bag I was soon on the roof. I had planned on relocating the Antenna location but decided to leave it mounted on the RV Ladder for the time being. With the SMA Cable run along the Slide Seal I thought we were about to end our Nightmare. Unfortunately, it was only beginning! On the rear of the WeBoost is a Male Fitting for the Cable to attach. When I removed the protective cover on the end of the Cable there was a Male Fitting. Who in their right mind would do that? There should have been a Female Fitting on the Cable to attach to the WeBoost. 

I spent the next Two Hours calling every Electronic Store including some of the Big Names (Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Lowes, Home Depot, Home Hardware and The Source to name a few) trying to locate a Coupling that will connect it all together. Looks like I’ll be ordering them On-Line if I can get through.

It was past 4:30 when Kathy realized she needed more groceries to see us through the weekend and she had another Shopping List made. The closest grocery store was in Essex so that’s where we headed. As we got closer we both started feeling hungry and with this being Friday we stopped at the Essex branch of the Michigan Diner.

Our Waitress was surprised when we gave her our meal order when she came to ask about our drinks. As soon as she brought our Drinks I looked at the people just sitting down in the booth behind Kathy. It was Rick and Carol our neighbours from across the street at the Park. When they looked in my direction I waved and they looked puzzled. Then they asked if we were from the Park. They both got Red-Faced with Embarrassment for not recognizing us. Then Carol said she had never seen me without a Cap. The meal was great as usual and by ordering off the Senior’s Menu we weren’t overly full. 

When we arrived at the Essex No-Frills I noticed Kathy was going back and forth doing her shopping. That was when I found out she had forgotten the Shopping List at Home.

After getting the Food in the Car we stopped at a Mail Box before driving over to the Essex Home Hardware Building Center. Kathy needed a can of Spray Paint while I went to view their Electronics Shelves just in case they did have a SMA Double Male Coupler.

Back Home since there was a cool breeze outside we sat under our Gazebo enjoying the sounds and sights of nature. With all the Rain we have gotten lately as breeze slowed and it cooled down the Mosquitos started coming out so we headed in. 

Hopefully we’ll get those Connectors soon so we can use our Computers like we always have. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for his client.

2 comments:

  1. I always seem to leave my list at home, so I started putting it on my phone. I don't leave it quite as often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that must be frustrating for you not being able to comment on posts! Very strange. That's funny about your neighbors, but I get it when you're out of where they normally see you and without that hat..haha.

    ReplyDelete