It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2021

White Again, Sugar Ants, Exercise and “Jimmy Carter”.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It looks like some things are just meant to be part of our lives. After getting a couple hours of sleep last night I spent another Hour on the Computer so I would be tired enough to sleep until this morning.

As soon as I get up the first thing I do is to open the Balcony Blinds. It did not surprise me to see the changed colour of the landscape with everything once again White. Since we live within a Mile of the most southern International Border Crossing we are often referred to as the Florida of Canada. We never saw changes to the weather like this in my growing years when it turned White it stayed that way until Spring. Since the late Eighties this has become a new norm. They now call it Global Warming.

In response to another Comment about looking into other apartments. Our apartment faces south towards a Neighbourhood not any other buildings. I remember my sister Anna telling me of those kind of things when they lived in Toronto where that happens a lot.

For lunch we had Grilled Cheese Sandwiches garnished with Olives then topped off with Orange Slices, Short Bread Cookies and a Chocolate Pudding Cup for dessert.

I Planned to exercise this afternoon but we had a sudden problem to resolve. At this time of year everybody and everything tries to stay warm so Things you don’t want you find in your Apartment. Those Things are Sugar Ants and they are like looking at dust specks moving on surfaces. Fortunately for us we keep all our Food Stocks in Sealed Plastic Containers but most of our neighbours don’t. Since those Ants are visiting our Neighbours they look around our kitchen because they smell foods that we’ve cooked.

I moved the Fridge then the Stove so that Kathy could bleach the floor behind them as it only takes a single crumb to attract an entire colony. When that was finished Kathy started cleaning the entire Stove. Nothing is crawling around our kitchen now.

My Exercises became lots of Stretches but I could feel it later.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Windsor/Essex area has lost another Eight People to the Coronavirus. There will be more Roller Coaster Weather heading our way.

For supper we had a Juice Box, Bacon, Eggs and Toast with a Shared Apple, Ginger Snap Cookies as well as a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

To finish off the evening we watched “Jimmy Carter The Rock and Roll President”. I learned a lot from this program about his passion for Music, World Peace and Equality.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I hate Russian dolls.

They’re so full of themselves.

5 comments:

  1. Ants that high up in an apartment building? Knock on wood I don't have any here in Arizona ... yet anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate ants, such a problem once they start...hoping they don't like the smell of bleach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down here in the south it's fire ants. I've stepped on a mound more than once, doesn't take long to know it. I keep a bag of mound destroyer on my lawn mower. Sometimes I use a full bag mowing the 3 acres we have cleared. When we fulltimed we would get those sugar ants on occasion too. Did not realize they were prevalent on north there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our snow seems to be sticking around here East of Algonquin, but it sure is mild.
    We get lots of ants in the warmer months. Our "soil" around here is pure sand so they are always on the hunt.
    I have great admiration for Jimmy Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try scattering some bay leaves around in the cupboards and place where you see the ants. It worked in the Igloo while we were in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete