It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, January 25, 2021

Planned, Organizing and Longer Lock-Down.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

The fact that I Planned on getting an early start to my morning didn’t help. I slept in. After opening the Balcony Blinds to see another Cloudy sky was no surprise. I then Planned to have everything ready for breakfast before Kathy got up. She must have heard me thinking and joined me before I was ready. As we ate we discussed what I wanted to do before Kathy set her sights.

It was hard to believe that it has been over Two Weeks but when I started organizing things it was evident. I even managed to accomplish the entire task in record time.

Kathy served Vegetable Soup for our early lunch along with an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert. As we ate she discussed what she expected to accomplish in my absence.

I had Planned on going straight about my business until I counted my cash. I had made certain that there would be enough to get this done but why wasn’t it here. Then I remembered not wanting to carry it around the grocery store so it was still in the Car. There was only One thing I could do and that was to go to the Laundry Room and bring my Coat. Kathy couldn’t believe her eyes as I left the Apartment.

On my way down I could only hope that I could at least start with a couple of Washers. When I walked in to find all the machines at my disposal it didn’t take long to have all our Laundry going before I headed outside.

With the temperature nearing the Freezing Mark the first thing I did was brush the Wet Two Inch Accumulation off both our vehicles. Then with a little reminder I grabbed the rolls of Coins before heading back inside.

I noted that the Recycle Truck had just left then to find no Mail downstairs made me happy. When I entered the Apartment Kathy had some of the contents of our Storage Room spread about in an attempt to reorganize it. When the Virus cause shortages last year as soon as we were able to build some stock we did but it wasn’t always get put away very neatly. Kathy was trying to change that but was working up a sweat from it. After hanging up my Coat I set up the Fan so she could continue working. Later we realized it wasn’t from working but her Claustrophobia that was making her sweat.

I grabbed the Recycle Bins from the Kitchen before heading back to the Laundry Room. It was perfect timing as I walked in a Washer shut down. One by One I got everything transferred to the Dryers.

With things under control I headed down to the Recycle Bins outside. By no longer having my Coat on I didn’t stay outside very long. With the Empty Recycle Bins back in the Kitchen we had a few minutes to talk before I headed back. Kathy had made great progress and had gotten things placed the way they should have been from the start.

Looking out the Laundry Room Window it was relaxing to watch the Ice-Flows being carried down the River. Just then One by One the Dryers started shutting down. Unfortunately Two needed more time to finish their task.

It was nearly 4:00 when I walked in the Apartment with all our folded laundry. Kathy had just finished her chore. We sat talking for a bit. I was appreciating being able to breath without having the Mask on.

While I put the Laundry away Kathy made supper because our early lunch was long gone. We had Thin Sliced Boneless Pork Chops along with the Leftover Wild Rice and Carrots from last night. We also enjoyed a slice of Chilled Cherry Pie for dessert.

After we finished the Dishes we sat at our Computers waiting for the News to come on. I did read everyone’s Blogs today but didn’t have the time to Comment.

On the 6 o’clock Local News it was announced that we lost a Senior in a Nursing Home to Coronavirus today and another 58 New Cases were recorded. That’s the lowest number in a long time. The Windsor/Essex Area has been in Lock-Down the longest of any area of Ontario since the start of this Virus. Even though we have better numbers then others it is our area that remains closed.

No Planning for tomorrow but we’ll try to get other things done. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know your getting old when when you wake up looking like your driver's license picture.

3 comments:

  1. Reorganizing closets or in your case a storage room probably leads to more work afterwards by deciding what to keep and what should be moved elsewhere. Don't overdo and just use it all up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we want to do but we haven't had a chance to get it really organized so this was the day! Glad I did it even if I was sweating and tired I felt good! Thanks Marlene!


    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucked out with an empty laundry room. As usual, your meals look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete