It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Changing Times and Almost Back To Normal.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

When I got up at 8:00 this morning I truly believed things would be back to normal. Looking outside reinforced that thought when the Sun was filling the room even before I opened the Balcony Blinds. I had things ready and was in the process of opening programs that I’d be using on my Computer when Kathy joined me.

The Sun soon melted the Frost off the roofs.

There was a scheduled a Face to Face On-line Interview I needed to do which would disrupt the majority of our day. Mainly due to the Coronavirus Restriction it seems the days of in person interviews are gone. Even though I had already spoken to my interviewer on the Phone before the New Year they seem to need to observe how you react to questions not just hearing your answers.

The big problem was that I have never set my Cell Phone or Computer up to accomplish such a feat. Having seen our son Kevin use his Cell Phone for such I called to get advice how to set it up. After explaining it as best as he could his final words were “If that doesn’t work call Karen. She does it all the time.”

I have never had a Facebook Account until today and only plan on using it for Interviews such as this. I barely have time to read all my E-mails, Blogs, write our Post and look for a Job let alone dealing with Facebook. I managed to successfully Download and establish my Profile then nothing else would work.

Taking Kevin’s advice I called our daughter Karen who was not available so I left a message. Time was running out so I texted Cindy about my issues and we rescheduled to later. We don’t normally Text so you can imagine how long that took.

Trying Karen’s number again we spoke and she invited us over to work off her Account. Due to her job at the University of Windsor she has become very adept at all these different Media Platforms. We grabbed a Yogurt Cup for our late lunch before heading out to her house in Tecumseh.

Having brought my Laptop with us Karen was able to set up her Account on it so I could complete the Interview. When that was completed Karen gave me a few lessons on how to use Messenger for this purpose. I’m hoping to remember Half of what she told me but if not she’s only a Phone Call away.

Sanford and Nova.

We had a few minutes to talk and visit with Karen, Sanford and Nova. Poor Eight Year Old Sanford is starting to look up to Six Month Old Nova. When I asked Jess who was the Lite-Weight now her or Nova she said it was her.

Kathy and I got back to the Apartment around 3:30. The first thing we did was to start making Perogies for Lupper with the last of the Donuts from Friday’s shopping and a Chocolate Pudding Cup for dessert.

Our 6 o’clock Local News concentrated on Coronavirus Cases, Deaths and Vaccines.

While looking around I found this Video that was released by Arnold Schwarzenegger this afternoon. It is his way of trying to help others make sense of what has recently happened.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Difficult times often bring out the best in people.

Senator Bernie Sanders.

4 comments:

  1. As "Arnold" said about our country, "I'll be back"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's that time of year. The mornings are cool the weather is great and the big tent is up here in sunny quartzsite. Wish you two were here miss the 🔥 fires.
    You two stay warm and well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for figuring out all this technical stuff. Hope the interview went well and in your favour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that you could visit your daughter. I thought Ontario had the same restrictions we did but lucky you :) Good luck with the job.

    ReplyDelete