It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Trailer Work, Healthy Heals, Marie Callender’s and Super Spreader Events.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Having Planned to get an early start to the day didn’t quite work out but it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. When I looked at the Clock at 5:45 I could only hope to get more sleep and not to be in bed too late. When I looked at the Clock again at 8:12 I excepted the results and just started my day. Kathy joined me by 8:20 for breakfast.

We sat at our Computers with our Hot Drinks long enough to check the Weather, Local News and E-Mails before I started my morning chores. As mentioned repeatedly on our Blog our Weather is about to change and I had work to do on the Trailer.

The next thing I did while Kathy had her turn in the bedroom to get ready was to make myself a Lite-Lunch consisting of a Peanut Butter and Jam Sandwich. That along with my leftover Gatorade from our last bike ride went into my Cooler. After a quick Kiss from Kathy I was heading out the door.

Kathy busied herself doing Dusting and Vacuuming along with our morning Dishes. She always likes to have things clean when we have visitors over but since Mary from Healthy Heals was scheduled to arrive this morning she was even more thorough.

It was 43 F (6 C) when I left the Apartment so I made certain to wear my working sweater. Arriving at Guardian Storage I immediately started trying to scrape the Grey Sealer off the Roof Edging. No matter what I used it would not come off so I headed back to the ground where there was less of a breeze. We had noticed Rust developing on the Rear Bumper the other day caused by the Bicycle Carrier Clamps. After cleaning that up I used Armour-All Black Spray Paint to do the entire Bumper. It went on easy and smooth. Heck it was the best I had ever done.

Locking the Trailer I headed off to Canadian Tire where I picked up a can of Armour-All Brown Spray Paint and a tube Brown Silicon Sealer. As I was about to leave I examined the Spray Seal Containers like the one that caused me this headache. There were cans of Black, White, Grey and Clear Spray Sealers. When I mentioned what happen to Ron the Sales Representative on the floor about getting Grey instead of Clear he told me to bring it back for a refund. Since the Receipt was at the Apartment and the Spray Seal at the Trailer I’d have to go back.

Back at the Trailer the first thing I did was repaint the Roof Edging. This Paint looked like an exact match. I also finished doing all the Trim Joints and was amazed how a few only had Dicor on the surface with nothing inside the gaps. Another thing I noticed were some of the Screws that hold the Trim in place on the roof were working their way up. I had dealt with this before while at La Posa South and found the Screws that were used had worked their way up from Road Vibration. Off with the Dicor, tighten the Screws and seal with the Brown Sealer.

By the time I finished on the roof it was past 12:30 and I needed a snack. Sitting in the Truck I had the chance to watch Semi-Drivers coming and going as many rent a spot monthly as a Parking Spot. Once they move their Trucks forward they park their cars to mark their spots. When the return the reverse the order. I also took the time to call Kathy but Mary had been delayed and was still there.

With the roof being finished I look through my Parts Organizers in the back of the Truck to find the Screws and Bolts I needed inside the Trailer. The first thing I did inside was to remount the Television. Next I remounted the Towel Bar that was removed at the Factory Repair Center. Then I reinstalled the Skylight Cover I had made that was also removed at the Repair Center.

By 3:00 I was feeling tired and chilled even though the temperature reached 59 F (15 C) the Wind Gusts had picked up to nearly Thirty MPH.

Back at the Apartment Kathy had the Balcony Door open and was feeling chilled. We were both practically falling asleep at our Computers from the Fresh Air.

Around 4:30 Kathy micro-waved a couple of new food entries for us to try. If they work out we could possibly keep some in the Freezer for a quick meal. Kathy had Sweet And Spicy Chicken & Noodle Bowl by Marie Callender’s. She said it had a little bite, not too bad and was quite tasty, not overly salty. I had a Sweet Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Bowl also by Marie Callender’s. It was tasty but had no bite as to what you would expect from Teriyaki. They were both single serving, satisfying and not overfilling.

Watching the 6 o’clock Local News we were told by the Provincial Government that we are doing great at keeping the number of Coronavirus Cases down. The Federal Government has been watching the dramatic rise in cases in the US States that we share Borders with and might consider extending the closures to Non-Essential Travel longer. The Weather Guesser reported that like in September we can expect more Rain with Below Seasonal Temperatures starting tomorrow.

We later surfed the US News Channels FOX, ABC, CBC, CNN and NBC. Four of those reported the President as having Super Spreader Events (Huge indoor gatherings with no Social Distancing with no Masks) almost every day until the Election all while the Death Rate continues to climb.

As I write this Blog we are both listening to the Wind Whistling through the hallways. We’ve got another busy day tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

How do you get off a non-stop flight?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting a lot accomplished on your rig. I like the idea of spray paint ... there's some work I need to do too. It's amazing how all those little screws can work themselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a busy day for you! Nice to feel like you got something accomplished at the end of the day isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait until Nov 4th.... Yikes. Bad enough now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a job well done. I feel tired just listening to all the things you accomplished today.

    ReplyDelete