It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Good Appointment, Plans Get Dumped and Late Day Shopping.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Kathy had a good night’s sleep last night which is always what I worry about because she needs more sleep then I do. I only woke twice to roll over and fall back to sleep. Things were ready for breakfast, the Balcony Door was open and I had started my morning reading before Kathy joined me.

After eating our Cereal we headed back to the Computers for the short time it took to finish my Coffee. With a morning appointment I took a quick shower. Knowing that I Planned to return to the Trailer after my appointment Kathy decided to come with me.

We were out the door by 11:00 and took the Truck. Yesterday while returning from the Storage Yard the Truck went into Regen mode and only ran for a short while before we got back to the Apartment. Knowing it needed a longer run then that we took it out to Essex last night in hopes it would clean the DPF in the process. All the way there and all the way back nothing so I just figured all was good. This morning we weren’t even Two Miles down the road when the Regen started again and ran until I parked at the Doctors Office.

This was really different, the Receptionist is working from her Home and the Doctor is the only one in the Office. After reviewing my PSA numbers I was given the all clear and already have my appointment for next year.

It was past noon hour so we swung over to Wendy’s Drive-Thru where we had our usual Chicken Wraps, Small Chocolate Frosties and Seniors Soft Drinks for lunch.

Needing to dye some Cover-alls we stopped at Michaels to get the Rit Set Agent. After finding more of the Rit Dye we could not find the Set Agent. On each of the Bottles it says if you don’t want the Dye to simply bleed out you need the Set. The associate checked the Computer then said they have never carried it. I guess that’s one way to sell more Dye.

As we arrived at Guardian Storage we stopped at the Office to check our Mail Box. It was empty so now we could go to the Trailer or so I thought. Remember I used the word Planned earlier. When I got back to the Truck Kathy was having a problem and we needed to go back to the Apartment. We were barely inside when the Wind that was supposed to be non-existent today started trying to lift the Bike Cover off our Bicycle on the Balcony. Those Plans I had were out the window.

Knowing we needed a few things for our Pantry to tied us over if there was a Second Wave we made a List of things we needed to pick up. Since it was past 4:30 Kathy made Biscuits while I made Chicken Noodle Soup as a way of helping Kathy feel better. Kathy also made a dessert plate with Cookies and a Chocolate Pudding. Our meal tasted wonderful and we were satisfied. We took the time to finish our Teas before cleaning the Dishes and Kitchen.

The only picture we took today.

By the time we finished that it was only minutes away from the 6 o’clock Local News. There was more about the Virus and our area doing very well while another area that had been in Phase 3 Recovery much earlier the we were had been pushed back to Phase 2. Tomorrow will be the last day above Sixty Degree temperatures possibly until Spring. As soon as News was over we were out the door to go grocery shopping.

Our first stop was Dollarama where we saved money on a number of grocery items.

I dropped Kathy off at Zehr’s grocery store while I went next door to the Bulk Barn for some snacks. I then joined Kathy where we continued getting things off our List. The last time we were here the prices on Soup had nearly Doubled from a month ago. Today the prices were still high so we just left them.

After checking out we drove across the road to the Super Walmart and went straight to the Grocery Section. There was the same Soup at a fraction of the cost of the grocery store. It just proves that sometimes you have to shop around.

We were home before 9:00 with everything on our Shopping List and it didn’t take long to get it all put away.

Tomorrow Kathy has an Appointment and I’m getting an early start while the Wind is low. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your parakeet knows the phrase "Open up, Police!"

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you got a lot done today. Indeed it pays to shop around I only wish we had more stores here to do so.

    I wish I could say the same about our temperatures but we still have many hot days in store for us. I know you guys will make full use of your last warm day for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the all clear for another year! Hope Kathy's feeling better! Yes, it does pay to shop around if you can!

    ReplyDelete