It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Pain In The Neck and Sully.


Our Location today is at the Alamogordo/White Sands K.O.A. NM.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It felt wonderful to wake up this morning knowing that we didn’t have to rush to go anywhere. I slept in until nearly 7:00 MST and Kathy really stretched it out until just past 7:30. After having breakfast we even tried getting back in our routine of having our Coffee/Tea at the Computers while catching up on our E-Mail, News and Blog Reading as a fact some of you might have found a couple of quick comments.

If you recall we sometimes make Lists not only for Groceries but for places we need to go to, as well as things to do. Today was one of those days! After making a list of what I needed to do I got changed and brought down the Laundry Hamper. It may seem mundane to list normal everyday chores but it is part of our lives and if you look back you will see the last time our Laundry was done was on Halloween Day. (Sorry we missed your Birthday Karen.) Thank goodness we do have lots of clothes not only to wear but to keep warm and enough Underwear that we don’t have to wear them twice between washes. Today was down to that last pair so no more putting it off using the weather and traveling as excuses.

With Kathy’s hands still hurting more then she likes while she was busy getting changed I cheated and washed the dishes knowing that being in a Park like this means we don’t have to be as stingy about our water usage. With that out of the way I started sorting the Laundry while Kathy figured Soup along with Grilled Cheese and Ham Sandwich for lunch would benefit the both of us.

It was just before 12:30 when I walked the Hundred Feet over to the Laundry Room where I had no problem getting Washers or Dryers to clean our Clothes. What I did have a problem with was my neck. The day before my 40th I had a Neck Injury that nearly ended my career and now the only thing that stops it from incapacitating me is Exercising. When we had our House we had our own Gym in the Basement. In the Apartment the second bedroom was our office and limited Workout Room. At the Park if the weather permitted or we weren’t busy I had an even more limited Workout Room to use. When we travel I only have Two Dumbbells to use limiting my exercises.

Once things were in the wash I returned to the Trailer and worked through a single set of exercises but it was not enough to do much good. Kathy wasn’t being a slouch either having been dusting and vacuuming like everyone does in their Home only difference is ours is on Wheels.
Sorry for the Glare off the glass covered frame. The first line is
Welcome to the Wash-a-tiria.
Click to enlarge.
After transferring the clothes to the Dryers I had a chuckle reading the Laundry Room Rules. I attempted to make Phone Calls to a couple of places but when they put you on hold for Twenty Minutes nothing gets rectified. I was barely started folding the clothes when I walked back to the Trailer and took Two Extra Strength Tylenol for my Neck Pain. It was after 5:00 by the time I had everything folded and back at the trailer.
Click to enlarge.
I don’t like taking pain medication but today I had no choice. I’ll do more exercising in the next few days and eventually the pain will go away but I have to keep doing this for the rest of my life. In the mean time I dawned my Neck Support to help ease the pain.
Kathy cooked up a wonderful supper of Battered Haddock with Broccoli, Coleslaw and Canadian Style Fruit Cake for dessert.

Once the dishes were completed we watched the movie “Sully” with Tom Hanks that chronicled the January 15, 2009 Miracle Landing on the Hudson River that saved all 155 lives. Our movie came with a Second Disc that filled in a lot of Background information not only about that date but the movie itself.

Tomorrow we’ve got plans. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another.

George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans), English Novelist

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your neck pain but at least you aren't a pain in the neck :) Nice to get those chores done. Today we bring our laundry to the lavenderia where it will be washed, dried and folded got us. I will try and get some photos to show you next week. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your neck pain. Hope it feels better soon.
    Cute laundry rules.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete