It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Cleaning, Exercising, Saving Newbies and Stocking Up.


Our Location today is at the Alamogordo/White Sands K.O.A. NM.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It felt wonderful sleeping in until nearly 7:00 this morning and knowing that today was actually Sunday most businesses would be opening later then through the week. I had barely gotten things set up for breakfast when Kathy came downstairs. She said she never woke once and felt much more rested then she has been feeling. She was also worried that I needed to hurry to extend our stay here until we know exactly what is wrong with the Truck. There wasn’t much I could do until the Office opened at 9:00.
White Sands National Monument.
When I explained the problem we were having with the Truck and that we needed to extend our stay they recalculated our original bill into a week so that we actually get a Free Night. I was talking with Ken about our problem when he started describing the exact same problem that happened to his Truck and that is Three Years Newer.

Back at the Trailer Kathy had already gathered the Trash for me to dispose of. When I returned I finished setting up our sewer connection that wasn’t done when we first pulled in on Wednesday evening.
Since it wasn’t lunch time yet I also cleaned out the inside of the Truck getting things we don’t want to leave behind in case it is in service for a few days. When that was finished I managed to get more Exercise in with the Dumbbells that we carry. I only did a single set but added other lifts to the ones I did the other day. As long as I do that every couple of days the problem that I have with my Neck will not return.

I had seen a younger couple hooking up their Fifth Wheel to leave before noon. I was just about to go inside as they were leaving when I flagged them down. They had left their Porch/Step Light on. While he went to shut the lights she said they were Newbies and had just gotten their Trailer but were far from retirement. As he got back in his Truck I had to tell him he left his Steps down. I also told him about doing Circle Checks any time they are leaving a site and hitting the road. He thanked me!
Kathy called me in for lunch. She had been busy cleaning out the Fridge and was using up Leftovers to make lunch. The heat was building inside so I immediately started opening all the Windows to cool things down. We had Ham and Cheese Wraps along with Broccoli and Springrolls as sides and it all tasted wonderful.

Since we don’t know how long the Truck will be in the shop as soon as we’d cleaned up the Dishes we headed out the door to get some groceries. We went to the Neighborhood Walmart Market which only sells Groceries. We spent nearly Two Hours before we left with almost everything on our Shopping List.

Back Home we then had the daunting task of putting everything away. We worked together, I was taking everything out of the shopping bags while Kathy put the perishables in the Fridge and Freezer. Then I had to take all the Canned Goods out of the Pantry so it could all be organized as it was put away.
For supper we had Picnic Food, Chicken, Potato Salad and Bean Salad. We also had Jell-O for dessert.

We plan on being at the Ford Dealership Service Department when it opens at 7:30 in the morning, so we are having to set the Alarm Clock. Keeping our fingers crossed that it’s a Quick-Fix. My Neck only has a slight Ache this evening. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever worn cut-off jeans with snake boots.

8 comments:

  1. We hope your truck problem is a quick and easy fix.
    Everyone has a routine for pulling out, Tom and I have a checklist, that works for them. We have seen to many with antennas up or stairs down not to take the few minutes to do the walk around and go through the checklist. Take care and hope to see you both this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the truck fix is quick, easy and inexpensive. Good Luck.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the Ford. Fingers crossed for an easy 'short-term' fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the truck, hope it is an easy fix. We are always impressed with the way the Ford dealers down here help out of country guests get us back on the road quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a shopping trip! Nice you could change your plans there..hoping the truck is an easy fix for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great that you got a free night out of it. Good idea to stock up on groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you neck is feeling better and good luck with the truck.

    ReplyDelete