It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Hearing From Hugh and Making Progress On Our Chores.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

I was definitely up earlier then yesterday to be certain I’d put more time in on the project for our friend Kathie. I’d barely gotten things ready for breakfast when Kathy came downstairs. Her goal was to get a lot more Christmas Gifts wrapped.

We still had our Coffee at the Computers where the first thing I checked was The Weather Network. At 9:00 in the morning the Humidex was already at the Century Mark. The second thing I checked was my E-Mail and I was very happy to see a reply from our former neighbour Hugh. It had been over a week since I had sent him a message and we were starting to wonder if he was alright. Like ourselves he’s been busy. He has been a resident of Ontario for a long time but now he has to establish himself as a resident of Alberta. He’s enjoying living with his daughter so close. He did have a minor accident while making his way through Chicago. Due to his relocation and getting new Family Doctors, Dentists and Optimologist the appointments have been never ending. He must be following our Blog because he also commented about the Escape being easier to get in and out of then our Intrepid. We didn’t get the new car until after he left. We’ll be keeping in touch.

We were both busy at our chores by 10:15 and it took my coming in for more water at noon before Kathy realized the time. It felt good to sit inside where it was much more comfortable and out of the Sun.

By 12:45 we were back at it but due to the fact that I’m using our Picnic Table as a Workbench and it’s directly in the Sun by 2:00 I had to stop because water just wasn’t cooling me down anymore. Kathy kept going until after 4:00 getting lots of wrapping completed and the rest sorted to who they are going to.

At 5:30 Kathy thought that having the Store-Bought Chicken Primavera Pizza cooked on the Weber would be a perfect supper. With it being so Hot (106 F- 41 C) outside, the Pizza went from frozen to cooked in Twenty Minutes.

After supper we both put in a bit more time on our chores. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Joke of the Day

I live in my own little world,

but it's okay,

they know me here.

3 comments:

  1. Busy, busy all the time. Rick be careful in that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun ... Christmas in July! Wow that's hot! I guess I can't complain after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen, Rick and Kathy, If you ever get through with your chores, come to Atlanta. Wrapping Christmas presents in the summer...I can't even imagine being that organized.

    Wowza...106 degrees! You could fry an egg on the fender of your truck!

    ReplyDelete