It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, July 13, 2018

The Start Of Wrapping Things Up.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It felt so good being able to sleep in this morning with no place we had to be. I slept until 7:30 before getting out of bed. I managed to have everything ready for breakfast and completed most of my morning reading when Kathy finally came downstairs.

Looking outside one would have thought that the skies were about to open up any moment but the Golfers were still out on the Links. With all the Pollen floating around in the air it was better for Kathy to stay inside besides the Humidex would only reach 99 F (37 C) this afternoon.

With it being over a week it was time to do the Laundry. While I sorted and prepped the clothes Kathy started getting things ready for lunch. She figures that it is better to have our larger meal in the middle of the day so that we can work it off. Lunch was sliced Chicken Breast, some Greek Pasta Salad and some Corn-on-the-Cob that we cooked in the Microwave. We both agree that the Corn tastes better and is crisper then if it was boiled.

As soon as we’d eaten I used the Escape to go start the Laundry in the Park Laundry Room. Kathy in the meantime was doing the dishes and sweeping the Trailer. Once the Washers were going I went back to the Trailer and backed into our Site. Yesterday we brought Home all the Christmas Gifts that we purchased while we were away last winter. When they are purchased Kathy enters them into our Christmas Gift Spreadsheet next to the recipient’s name. Kathy now had to assort them and start wrapping the Gifts using that list to be certain everyone will get what was purchased for them. Those lists can also be used to look back on what they received in the past so you are not duplicating any gifts. With everything unloaded I gathered the trash and drove back to the Laundry Room.

It was a short walk to and from the Park Trash and Recycle Area to the Laundry Room where the Washers were shutting down just as I arrived. It was a simple matter of switching things to the Dryers. With that completed I gathered the Delicates into the Truck that has been parked in the Overflow Parking Area since the RV Techs came over on Wednesday. With it safely parked on our Site, I hung the Delicates in the Shower to dry. Kathy needed Name Tags for the Packages printed so I took a few minutes to do those before walking back to the Laundry Room.

It was just after 4:00 when I got back Home with the Folded Laundry. Kathy was just closing up for the day when I walked in. It looks like we forgot something in the Climate Controlled Storage Unit that we need to continue with the wrapping. 

Around 5:30 Kathy made some Chicken, Bacon, Salad Wraps along with Olives for supper and topped off with a Yogurt Cup for desert. We later watched a Walmart Comedy Movie with Bruce Willis. We didn’t care for the beginning but the end made up for it.

Don’t know what we are doing tomorrow but I certain that we’ll be busy. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You continue a conversation while using the restroom.

3 comments:

  1. I used to be organize like Kathy years ago as far as Christmas went but anymore I seem to be doing it the last minute and it drives me crazy. I know you have to get it done early as you leave for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More people should use spreadsheets for Christmas. I get the same thing from my ex-sister-in-law every year!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Kathy are so organized! I would drive you both nuts as scatter brained as I am. I think I remember a time when I was, but that was a long time ago, now. I think that's what happens when you live alone--one day runs into another. I'm fortunate in that I stopped celebrating holidays many years ago. Just do cards for my kids and grandkids on birthdays.

    ReplyDelete