It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Weird Blog Post, Getting Exercise, Big Party and Campfire Delay.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Last night before posting our Blog I had something really weird happen and am not quite sure what it was. We’ve all written things in the past only to have them disappear into Cyber Heaven forever never to be seen again. Just as I was adding the Title to the post the document went blank. I was saying some nasty things and not under my breathe. Kathy was fortunately already asleep so she didn’t hear a thing. I tried reversing the last action but nothing on the Toolbar was working. I tried reopening the document, again with no luck. Resigning myself that I would just have to get up early in the morning to rewrite the Blog I shut the Computer off. After laying wide awake thinking about what happen and knowing that it would keep me awake all night I got up and went back to rewrite the Blog. I figure there was a good chance I’d be sleeping in my chair but at least I would sleep. When I opened the document, there was the entire post minus the Title just waiting for me. Even after getting it On-Line I still had trouble staying asleep.

Once we’d finished our Breakfast and Coffee while on the Computers we were soon heading outside. With the refreshingly moderate temperatures we wanted to take advantage of the weather and go for a bike ride. We put a lot of smiles on faces that remembered when Tandem Bicycles were fashionable as well as having a lot of kids stop and watch as we rode by. We did every street in the Park and the exercise felt wonderful.

After a brief cooldown in the breeze under the Gazebo we had our second Lite meal of the day. Afterwards, Kathy wanted to try to get more of her Data Entries loaded into the Computer. Since I had to dispose of the Trash and Recycle I continued on to the Workout Room. It was the first time there this year and I was not happy to find the cables on the Universal Machine were broken so that limited my workout. Even the little I did, had me feeling refreshed.

We had planned to have a Campfire/Document-Burning this evening but there seemed to be a large gathering happening at Rick and Carrols across the street. We had to move the Truck so we could put the Firepit in the driveway we decided to go out for supper just after 4:00. We ended up at McDonalds where we had our Sweet Chili Wraps.

It wasn’t planned but we stopped at our daughter-in-law Jen’s house for a quick visit. The boys are enjoying being home for Summer Vacation and things are looking promising. After a soothing cup of Tea and lots of Hugs we were headed for Home by 6:00.

Since the Overflow Parking was over full, we parked the Truck in the lot where the Golfers always park and then we walked back to our site. (More Exercise!) When we reached our street, there was over Fifty People including the Dozen Screaming Little Ones at our neighbours singing Happy Birthday for someone. Since the wind would have carried any Smoke from our Fire directly towards the party, we postponed it until tomorrow.

Kathy is glad that there are less Eye Drops with the passing of time but really wishes they were done now. Checking my E-Mail this evening our Backup Camera System could be delivered as soon as Monday. No Slow Boat on this order. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You're at Walmart before it opens every morning,

but you don't work there.

3 comments:

  1. I think we've probably all experienced the frustration of losing a blog post....sometimes it doesn't come back. Glad yours did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the missing blog keeping you awake. Glad it came back. The computer ghosties were at work!! Nice of you not to build a fire. Most people wouldn't be so considerate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very thoughtful and considerate of others. Nice to hold back on the campfire. Maybe that was cyberspace thanking you by not eating up the post.

    ReplyDelete