It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Feeling More Like Home.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

After attempting to use the new CPAP mask to sleep last night I had no choice but to return to the full face mask that I have been using for the last year. As soon as the cushion touched my face my skin started to sting and I wasn’t even connected to the machine. That indicated that it is possible that I have developed an allergy to the materials used in the making of the mask. I have an appointment at VitalAire on Friday to hopefully put an end to this nightmare.

It has taken time but we have slowly gotten more relaxed and less rushed since leaving the apartment and beginning our Fulltiming Adventure. We slept in a little later this morning, spent more time on the computers and were not worried about rushing around.

Reading yesterday’s blogs written by other Ontario based RVers we were very surprised to see that Essex County was the wet spot in the province. While areas north and east of us basked in sunshine the entire day we had to batten down the hatches. I had power-washed our patio in the morning under cloudy skies but when the Cable 1 tech was here at 6:00 there was an inch of water standing on the cement.
After the second power washing the table and patio look much better.
During the heavy rain there was an inch of standing water on the patio.
With this morning’s reading finished Kathy was the first outside sweeping the patio where the sun was looking like a long lost tropical sight. I attempted to fix our shower door that is presently sitting too low in the frame causing it to shear the lower seal. I tried going online to check how to remove the door but everything there was homebased and what they did show about RVs had nothing to do with the door. After removing the upper wall framing I used a magnifying mirror to look for screws to remove the final part of the door frame. I was upset when rivets were found where they could not be changed. When I reassembled the frame the door was set at the height that it should remain at all the time. I replaced the seal and will keep an eye on it until the end of the month when Bill from Sun Parlour Trailer will do some onsite repairs for us.
Even the Fairland has it's own solar light.
For lunch I grilled some Turkey dogs on our Weber. They taste the same as the all-beef hot dogs but are much healthier.
Once lunch was over I turned my attention to making adjustments outside. I started with the outdoor kitchen where I reorganized the fridge and cupboards. Then it was a matter of taking the camping chairs out of the basement and putting them in the shed for easier access when company comes to visit. Kathy had asked that I find our solar lights that had also been packed in the basement. After activating them some would be strong enough to light up later in the evening where others the sun had moved causing them to be in the late afternoon shade. It is truly starting to look like home.
Solar Lights in the tree pots didn't get enough sun tday.
While Kathy made a wonderful Caesar Salad I again used the Weber to grill a couple of nice chicken breasts for our supper. The wind was blowing fairly steady around 19 MPH from the north-east with gusts to nearly 30 MPH this afternoon. Working outside on the patio it actually felt cool even though the temperature reached 64 F (18 C). Standing close to the trailer at the Weber with the sun shining on my back it felt much warmer.

We even had chance to talk with a few of our neighbors today helping us to get a better idea of things that take place in the park as well as some more personal insights. Tomorrow we will be on the road early armed with our lists of things to do and places to be but we’ll try taking our time doing it. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

A slice off a cut loaf isn't missed.

3 comments: