It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Fine Tuning


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

After sleeping with a new to me style of CPAP Mask last night I managed to get a fairly restful night’s sleep but I also awoke to a windburn that simply changed location on my face. As I mentioned yesterday it could very well be that after all these years I have simply developed an allergy to the materials used to make the masks. I’ll try again tonight and keep my fingers crossed that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
A closer view of the fairy garden.
We spent most of the morning reading and researching. The sunlight that we haven’t seen in some time was very inviting even though the temperature was still on the cool side. I worked on a few things that needed adjusting inside the trailer while Kathy started the daunting task of getting caught up on her financial entries into the spreadsheet we use to keep track of the expenditures. Since just before our move to Fulltiming we had been so busy that she could not get to it. She managed to get most of it separated this morning and would have to continue after lunch.
We added the brick around the firering to make it look better.
This afternoon I was busy getting things straightened around along with the normal chores associated with RVing. I reinstalled the fifth wheel hitch in the truck and cleaned and lubricated it in the process. While I was in the process of dumping two of our waste tanks and repacking my toolbox Larry one of our neighbors said he notice a lot of bird activity near the Pinbox on the trailer. Even though I check it daily when I checked it was jammed with the makings of a large nest this afternoon. As I was cleaning the menagerie of branches, twigs, mud and grass from inside the Pinbox you could hear the squawking of a very upset bird not far away. I then had to install our storage skirt (Shed) on the front of the trailer in order to stop the birds from returning to build another nest.
Installed our storage skirt to stop the birds from
building a nest in the Pinbox.
Even though the sun decided to hide behind a group of clouds Kathy came out to visit and have a short break from her bookkeeping. I rearranged the inside of our new shed and placed our bicycles inside giving them better protection from the weather and cleaning the clutter off the patio. I then set up the power washer and cleaned the grubby looking picnic table that had been left for our site. Kathy suggested that I also clean the patio which seemed to have a large stain. Everything looked good and clean while it was wet but it looks like another good cleaning will be needed to do the trick.
Even though the patio and picnic table are cleaner
there is still room for improvement.
For supper I grilled some hamburgers on the Weber while Kathy cooked a sweet potato and made wonderful salad to go with it. Even though the sun continued shining brightly this evening the temperature was far from seasonal for this time of year. It felt weird that neither of us left our site at all today. Tomorrow is another day and who knows what we’ll be doing. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time. 

Krackers

Ask a silly question

Why isn't 'phonetic' spelled the way it sounds?

2 comments:

  1. Outside all day fresh air and exercise is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...you have to always be watching those dang birds. We had a nest one time and had to wait till the eggs hatched to be able to move the nest.

    ReplyDelete