It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

Successful Adjustments and Another Thanksgiving Dinner.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Waking after 8:20 this morning was not what I had hoped to do. No we didn’t have anywhere we had to be today our day was supposed to be spent at home. Yes this was the second Monday of October which is referred to as the Canadian Thanksgiving. We had celebrated it with our family meal last Sunday because Karen and Greg were going away this weekend. 

After breakfast Kathy and I did our usual computer reading before I set about to do more work on the water cart for our trailer. We’d noticed that the door panel was continuing to absorb all the stain that was being applied but leaving spots looking like they had never been touched. Not being a true woodworker I took a gamble and applied a coating of Urethane on the center panel to seal the stain in. 

With that completed Kathy and I worked together to make wonderful toasted egg and sausage sandwiches. Basically we created an omelet with sausages that resembled a pepperoni pizza. After flipping it in the fry pan it was cut in four and served on toast. A simple but tasty lunch. 

Next I wiped the few drips of stain from the edges of the book rack that I intend to mount to the cart. With that finished I now needed to start adjusting the length of the dowels and the many small panels that will create the book shelves by filing their corners to fit in the angled edges of the corner posts. Since there are no plans for this cart things sometimes have to be fitted one piece at a time. 

Karen our daughter called in the middle of the afternoon and invited us over for Beef Stew for Thanksgiving dinner. When we got there Greg had just gotten home from work so we had a chance to talk about their trip up to the cottage. After a wonderful meal while Karen was loading the dishwasher Kathy was asked by Tyler to edit his essay for school.

Do you remember when everything was written on paper? Not today! Today kids have to do their work on the computers and E-mail it to their teachers. Boy have things changed. We left shortly before 7:00 after a pleasant visit so Tyler could finish the rest of his homework.
When we got home I did a quick inspection of the door panel that I applied the Urethane to this morning and I think I might have succeeded in getting the finish the way I want it. Tomorrow I’m hoping to finish putting the trailer water cart together in its entirety. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you get if you cross a cat with a bottle of vinegar?


A Sourpuss.

3 comments:

  1. Paul and I are retired high school teachers. I think we got out right on time. I am a bit old fashioned and still like paper. Happy Thanksgiving....isn't it nice when someone else does the cooking...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true, how true..... Thank goodness my days as a high school English teacher were spent in the pen and paper days.....couldn't imagine today's protocol !!! Time marches on....My second career was in the medical field, no paper charts there anymore either ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those advances in education -- certainly makes homeschooling on the road easier!

    ReplyDelete