It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Another Step Closer.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

By the time we got to bed last night my back was killing me from standing on the cement yesterday and filing the piece of wood I was working on by hand. There was only one way I was going to fall asleep and that was an Extra Strength Tylenol. By the time it kicked in I managed to get four hours of uninterrupted sleep before waking to lay in bed in agony. After taking a regular strength Tylenol on top it took nearly another hour before I fell back to sleep. 
Stained wood on Tarp.
We both woke up shortly after 9:00 this morning. After briefly viewing the Weather Channel while having breakfast we only had a few minutes to read at the computers before heading out the door. 
Laid the frame on a blanket on our bed so it wouldn't get scratched.
Our first stop was at the Home Hardware Store a few blocks away. I was able to find the brackets that no other store seemed to carry yesterday and they had it in three different sizes. The next stop was at the medical imaging clinic for Kathy to have her scheduled Bone Density Scan. 
Bent over the bed adding brackets to the frame.
It was already past noon by the time she was finished so we went home and enjoyed a hot bowl of the Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup and a Turkey Salad Sandwich all made from the leftovers we brought home from our Early Family Thanksgiving. 
Kathy using her map.
After lunch Kathy headed to our office to do some research on the computer while I applied another coat of stain to all the wood pieces on the tarp in the living room. Minutes later I used our bed to screw in the brackets that I had just purchased this morning on the back of the frame I made for Kathy’s World Map. Kathy then helped me to choose the exact spot she wanted it mounted. Ten minutes later Kathy was happily finding countries that she has been reading about recently on her new hanging map. 
As we were leaving Sun Parlour Trailers this afternoon.
I had no sooner finished that when the phone rang and it was Sun Parlour Trailers in Amherstburg telling us our trailer was finished and ready for pick up. I told Cathy we’d be out in the morning but then I realized that I had other plans. I quickly called them back to say we’d be out before they closed so as to free up their yard and so I wouldn’t have to change my plans for tomorrow. 
Removing the Debris Brush from the truck.
I had thought of stopping just to say hello to our son Kevin at his home but the town of Amherstburg has their main street all torn up with construction and we didn’t want to pull the trailer through that. We arrived at Sun Parlour Trailer at exactly 4:30 and by the time we verified everything was complete and took care of the bill it was already after 5:00 by the time we got on the road. 
Putting down the Wind Deflector.
To avoid going through Amherstburg with the trailer I took a back road that connected us to a concession before bringing us to the highway at River Canard. It was smooth sailing from there and we finished unhooking the trailer back at the storage yard shortly after 6:00. 
The trailer back in the storage yard.
Feeling hungry we used a coupon to have supper at the A&W not too far away. We were just about to leave after eating when an old Supervisor from the plant I retired from came in the door. We spoke for a while and were saddened to hear that his wife is in the early stages of Dementia. 

Since Home Depot was in the same parking lot I ran in to get a package of screws that I had forgotten to get this morning. By the time we got home it was time to start writing the blog. Hopefully I’ll accomplish what I have planned for tomorrow and more. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Hurry no man's cattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment