It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Project Progress In Cold Weather and Wicked Hockey Game.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

With a forecasted low of 37 F (3 C) that was expected to feel more like 27 F (-3 C) due to a Windchill we left the furnace on for the night. We also went one step further by keeping the quilted bedcover on the bed to give us that much more insulation. During the night, I kept waking up feeling cold only to find the bedcover pushed down towards the foot of the bed. Pulling it back up I’d get a couple more hours of sleep before having to repeat the process. The constant waking through the night made me so tired that it was past 8:00 before I again woke up cold. This time the bedcover was all gathered in Kathy’s grip as she lay hugging it while she slept on top of the rest of the covers. 
By the time we finished breakfast, I checked my morning reading and did my inside chores it was nearly 10:00 by the time I went outside. I’d taken appropriate measures to layer my clothing so that I could work in the 43 F (6 C) temperatures. The sunny skies were deceiving as there were still some intense wind gusts. 
Tyler (Black 3) playing Defense.
I managed to layout all the pieces of metal needed to make our new Bicycle Rack for the rear of the trailer. As I started drilling the holes I felt good to be making more progress than I thought I should. When doing work like this I never wear a watch so I was being dependent on Kathy to let me know when it was time to have lunch. Suddenly Kathy swung open our door telling me it was nearly 1:00 and I had to close up. She had been continuing to research places we can go to see while we are in the southwest and she had lost track of time while researching New Mexico. 
The reason for the rush was we had to go watch our grandson Tyler play hockey possibly for the last time before we head south. He really appreciates our cheering him on and taking interest in his sport. By the time I changed my clothes and we ate lunch we managed to arrive with only minutes before the game was to start at the new Belle River Arena. 
Tyler ahead of his goalie playing defense.
I mentioned a few weeks ago that he is now playing in a more senior league that the game has gotten faster, rougher and the players have better developed their skills. The only time there is a stop in the game is when a goal has been scored or a penalty is called. Today all the penalties went to the more senior opposing team for extremely rough playing tactics. Tyler took an elbow to the face that landed him on the ice but he got right back into the game. Later in the game he got between a Slap-Shot and the net which knocked the wind out of him but he managed to skate off the ice. The puck hit him right below his chest pad so he’ll have a good bruise there for the next week or so. The opposing team managed to get a last-minute goal to win the game 5 to 4. 
Tyler (Black 3) blocking a pass.
We had a chance to speak with Karen and Greg before Tyler came out of the dressing room. We explained we were not sure if we would see them again before next spring because the weather is turning against us and we still have lots of chores to finish before we leave. With hugs, kisses and handshakes we all said our see you laters just in case. 
Tyler (Black 3) playing Defense.
We had to stop at Princess Auto to exchange a piece of metal we’d gotten yesterday as it was the wrong size and to pick up additional wiring supplies.  
We finally got Home just before 5:00 so Kathy made certain I ate supper before going back outside. She served me some Chicken she’d cooked yesterday along with Cranberry Sauce, a buttered Sweet Potato and some Peas along with a cup of hot Coffee to keep me warm. 
I did manage to drill the rest of the holes in the brackets even though I was starting to have trouble with the drill itself. I had hoped to weld everything together tonight but with the damp chill in the air I packed it in for the night. 
With nothing planned for tomorrow and slightly more comfortable temperatures I’m hoping to get a number of jobs completed before the forecasted rain arrives. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.

Ask a silly question 

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called “Rush Hour”?

No comments:

Post a Comment