It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back and Dealing with The Unexpected Gift.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

We both struggled to sleep last night due to the unexpected gift we got on Sunday. Comparing notes at breakfast when we did manage to fall asleep we’d start dreaming of working. Kathy rearranging the Front Closet myself putting together the front wall of the basement which will become our Off-The-Grid Control Center. We both managed to wake up more tired this morning than when we went to bed even though we slept in. 

It was another morning of getting things accomplished by using the phone while Kathy dug into the front closet and worked at rearranging it. The end result was not much different than what it was before but now she knows where everything is so she won’t be dreaming about that tonight. 

I did get around to painting the Skylight Panel with the moisture resistant paint this morning and added a second coat later this afternoon. 
Even though my body was telling me to just lay back and heal my mind told me there is too much to do before we leave in less than four weeks. Wearing my coveralls, I removed the spare tire before crawling under the rear of the truck to install the Airbags. We’ve had them over a week but due to errands and bad weather they have remained in the back of the truck. Assuming a very contorted position I had the entire bracket and Airbag mounted on the worst side (by the Exhaust) assembled in less than an hour. The only thing left was to connect the airline. When you struggle with something that should be so easy when you are in an uncomfortable position for another hour you become frustrated. I tried the airline in the other Airbag and it fit perfectly. 
I needed a break and Kathy saw that as the perfect time to have an early supper so she told me to clean up and relax. I relaxed alright, the next thing I remembered was Kathy waking me up to eat. The meal was the best as always but this illness is making us both feel like we have a knot in our stomachs. 
I needed to resolve the issue of why the airline would not connect so that meant removing the Airbag I’d just struggled to install. An hour later I was examining the Airbag in the sunlight where I found that the inside thread was damaged. When I was under the truck I’d removed the safety cover from the stem but couldn’t see the damaged thread. At that point I tried to install the other Airbag and brackets on the same side I work on before. It just seemed like nothing was going to work. After packing up the tools for the night it was time get cleaned up and rest for the night. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

You Might Be a Redneck If 

You wink at a bridesmaid during your wedding.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure how you were able to work under that truck feeling so poorly. We sure hope this stomach thing has run out of steam. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been a tough job, especially if you do not feel that great.

    ReplyDelete