It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weekend Clean Up.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night was a complete total turn around as far as our sleeping went. I woke up when I felt Kathy get up in the middle of the night but fell back to sleep. I again woke when she came back to bed not realizing that two hours had passed between the two movements. Waking up around 8:00 I felt totally rested but Kathy was dragging. I can sympathize with her after the number of nights that I have experienced the same kind of sleeplessness. 

After breakfast Kathy went to the computers while I readied the laundry. I was downstairs shortly after 9:30 but there was already a line-up of people planning to do the same thing. I simply brought our clothes back upstairs and would check on the progress downstairs every fifteen minutes. 

I called in all the prescription medications that were due for renewal before discussing the problem of the laundry with Kathy so we decided to drive to a nearby laundromat. First we had lunch which was again a Meatloaf sandwich but still have enough for another sandwich each. 

We were fortunate enough that we brought our raincoats with us because as soon as we stepped foot outside the apartment building the rain started coming down and would continue until we would finally get back home. The laundromat only had a few people inside when we arrived and there were plenty of machines to use so other than us hanging around waiting the laundry was actually done quicker than back at the apartment. 

When finished we went to Walmart in search of a picture frame so I could mount a map for Kathy to hang on the wall. The largest frame we could find was still way too small. That just added another project that I’ll add to my list of things to do. 

Kathy was really starting to feel her sugar drop and since it was already past 4:00 we went next door to A&W where we used another coupon to have a tasty supper. We took our time talking about the kids and things we needed to do. 

Finally on our way home we stopped at Princess Auto looking unsuccessfully for casters for one of my projects but did accidentally stumble across something I can now scratch off my list. 

At the apartment we put things away before watching the news. Our grandson Tyler stopped by afterwards for another short visit and an ice cream cone. He knows that we always have some on hand for just such occasions. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You attended a parent-teacher conference wearing flip-flops.

3 comments:

  1. I would be stopping over too if I knew you always has ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to get bigger ice cream cones, they Tyler will visit longer... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bribing children to visit, pretty sneaky!

    ReplyDelete