It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Checking Our Lists.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Sleeping with the windows open last night was like a treat not having to hear the distant hum of the Air Conditioner in the other room and still feel the cool night air coming in. It felt so good we both slept past 8:00 this morning. 

After having breakfast we took our time getting caught up on the missed reading of the last few days. With our reading complete we turned our sights on finding an older model home style weather station online for our trailer. With everything becoming electronically controlled in recent years this has become a difficult task to accomplish. Looking at all kinds of shops locally then E-Bay without any luck. Today Kathy was looking on Amazon while I was again looking on E-Bay and we both started finding the type of gauges we were looking for. Now it came down to the overall size, wood shade and price. Finally the order was placed and the hunt is now officially over. 

Once lunch was over I needed to go pick up a form from my doctor’s office for what blood tests I need to get. Somehow I managed to lose the form that I’ve had in my folder for the last eleven months. Kathy came for the ride and went next door to the Shoppers Drug Mart to start picking up supplies that we’ll need during our trip south this winter.  After I got the form I needed I joined her and everything we got was on sale. Some of the toiletries we got were cheaper to buy more of the smaller sized containers to gain more volume at lower prices helping us to restock. 

By the time we got back to the apartment it was time to fire up the Weber to grill a couple of boneless pork-chops. Kathy baked a nice sweet potato and heated some corn as sides plus she made a wonderful mixed fruit yogurt cup for dessert. 

We had the dishes finished before the news came on and while Kathy watched it in the living room I was busy counting. At the drug store today we also noticed that they had vitamin pills on sale at forty percent off the regular price. Since we carry our vitamins with us from home I had to figure out how many of each we would need until we return home at the end of May next spring. By the time I had finished counting what vitamins we had on hand and made my shopping list it was time to start writing the blog. 

Since I didn’t get anything accomplished on my to-do list today I’ll have to try hard to fix that tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever worn a tube top to a wedding.

2 comments:

  1. I'm lucky to be able to find my to do list, let alone accomplish anything that's on it... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know what you mean about electronics. I can't recall right now what it was, but Paul was looking for something very simple with no frails. Did he find it no......he had to buy something with tons of electronic do-hickies. Old the simple life we used to leave.

    ReplyDelete