It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 5, 2014

Chipping Away.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Neither Kathy nor I bothered to use the "Sleepy Time" tea from Celestial last night and we still managed to sleep soundly. I’m sure that after not sleeping properly a person’s body eventually just crashes allowing you to sleep. In the future we’ll be using the “Sleepy Time” tea when we are having a restless night.

We were up around 8:00 this morning because the building maintenance man Dan was supposed to return to repair our toilet. Around 9:30 he showed up with the replacement filler valve. The last time he changed it the toilet developed a high pitch whistle that if flushed during the middle of the night would wake the person still sleeping in the bedroom. It only took him fifteen minutes to swap it out and much to our pleasure there is no more whistling sound. 

After lunch I spread the tarp in the living room so I could make some progress on the woodwork that I need to accomplish before we head south. It was a slow process but everything I can do now will save me time when I start working with the power tools at our son’s home. The reason I was doing this work inside today was because the temperature with the Humidex hit 109 F (43 C). I finished off the afternoon making certain I had all the hardware needed for these jobs.

Tonight while watching the 6 o’clock News our power in the apartment went out. As soon as I went in the hallway and saw the lights on and the elevator was still working I knew what the problem was. There is a power breaker in the utility room on our floor that keeps tripping off when everyone is using their Air Conditioners and the management is still refusing to replace it. Anyone familiar with electricity knows that when those things start tripping like that they will continue doing it with less load. 
With only 111 shopping days until Christmas we are done.
To pass the time until the power would be turned on we headed over to the Drug Store to pick up the prescriptions that I called in the other day. Kathy appreciated the cool air in the store. By the time we got back the power was back on. Tomorrow I’ll try to get more pieces cut for our projects from the full sheet of plywood we have leaned against the wall in the hallway. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Any publicity is good publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment