It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Progress Being Made.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Even though we went to bed at our normal time last night it wasn’t until after 8:00 this morning before we woke up. Even with a full night’s sleep we both felt like we had been drugged. We couldn’t understand how a cup of tea could have such an effect but then we realized something else to be the cause. Yesterday we had both spent a fair amount of time outside and then to top it off we were sleeping with the windows open again. Darn that fresh air don’t you just hate it when it makes you sleep so soundly. 

After breakfast we finished our coffees while reading at the computers. By midmorning I was stripping the sheets off the bed and sorting the laundry which included the linens Kathy had brought from the trailer. Kathy started sorting through the latest things brought home from the trailer on the table so that she could restock the toiletries that we’ll be bringing with us this winter. 

By the time I got to the laundry room other people were just finishing up so I had no problem getting the machines that I needed. Before going back to the apartment I gathered supplies from the truck that had been left there overnight last night and brought them in. At the apartment I then remade the bed with fresh linens until it was time to go move the laundry to the dryers. 

Upon returning Kathy had started making lunch because she knew I’d be a while folding everything when I went back down stairs. The soup and sandwiches were tasty and more than enough to fill our stomachs. Kathy continued working on the toiletries while I set up the balcony to be a paint shop when I would later return with the folded laundry. I surprised myself by having four large loads folded in less than forty-five minutes.   

Once I got started staining the cart I began by doing the inside first but it seemed that the wood had turned into a sponge and it wasn’t long before all the stain in the can was totally gone. I made a quick trip to the Home Hardware Store and was back in half the time it would have taken me to travel to the Home Depot. I made certain to buy the liter sized can and by the time I had finished applying a single coat to the entire cart I had already used over thirty percent of the can. It was also amazing that both Kathy and I were sweating heavily when it was only 73 F (23 C) outside today.  

For supper I fired up the Weber and grilled a large chicken breast that we shared along with a large salad that Kathy put together. We’re not sure what we’ll be doing tomorrow but when we get there we’ll let you know. The weather is in our favor so we may do something outside. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Waiter, this lobster's only has one claw.

I expect he's been in a fight, sir.

Well, then, please bring me the winner!

1 comment: