It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Chores and Getting Closer

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Being exhausted from poor sleep we both managed to sleep soundly last night. We even slept until after 8:00 this morning. The Weather Channel informed us we were at the warmest we’d be for the day as we were eating our breakfast. By mid-afternoon we were at 23 F (-5 C) so it would not be one of our more active days. 

Once breakfast was over we headed to the computers and glad to read how some of the Snowbirds we follow were very much enjoying the warmer to moderate temperature that we so look forward to. Unfortunately others were experiencing wet, windy and far cooler temperatures than they had hoped to have while being in those regions. 

Once the reading was over Kathy tried using the copier and within seconds of pushing the Copy button a message would appear reading “Print Cancelled”. No matter what I did it just would not copy and print so I put it to the back burner for this time. 

I started sorting the laundry that has accumulated for the last week. I knew I was getting a late start but figured that was my fault. I lucked out finding just the number of washers needed and no one else in the room. Returning to the apartment while the wash was going I walked in to Kathy vacuuming. I went online trying to research the problem and was not getting the answers I needed. The manufacture kept referring to Scanning even when I typed in the problem and when I looked at scanning it kept talking of USB connections and loading the program in the computer but it wouldn’t do anything for Copying. 

I returned to get the drying started and had to empty a dryer that had been sitting idle when I first arrived. Back at the apartment Kathy had made lunch and I left a review about the lack of help the website had given me. Finally I returned to the laundry room to fold our clothes. What clothes I had taken out earlier were still sitting there and I had finished folding our clothes and was about to leave when the person came in for them. She is the same person that does that a lot. 

Kathy informed me that Tyler’s hockey game time for tomorrow has been backed up to noon and that we will be celebrating Christmas with Kathie and Ross on December 9th. Their son Dwayne will be home because he has to work Christmas Day because they give the day off to guards that have children. Strangely their daughter Christine also has to work Christmas Day in the nursing home. 

The rest of the day I spent again trying to get the copier working. Kathy continued doing research until supper time as the number of days before we leave for Florida is rapidly going down. This evening we enjoyed watching another Christmas Special. Tis that time of year! Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've tilted your above ground pool to create a "deep end."

3 comments:

  1. Technology is so wonderful when it works. But when it doesn't, it can be a real pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your copier and keep warm, we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technology is great when it works, glad you had a great day anyway.

    ReplyDelete