It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Up and Down Day.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Bit by bit both Kathy and I are finally starting to sleep a little more soundly since the clocks have been turned back to Eastern Standard Time but I am still awake ahead of Kathy who has always needed more sleep. Turning on the Weather Channel this morning for some reason it would not localize the forecast. No matter what I tried to reset the area it just wouldn’t do it so the best we could see was for today’s temps. Technology most times sucks! It could be our age as we don’t seem to tune into it like the younger folks do. 

Once we had finished eating breakfast we automatically retreated to the computers to get our reading completed. After reading I went to make the bed up and the sheets just wouldn’t straighten properly so I removed the pillows to have a little better access. Somehow one of the pillows decide to play hardball on me and folded just as it was over my night table and toppled my lamp. My hand wasn’t quicker than my eye as I watched the glass shade shatter before I could catch it. That won’t be easy to replace! It is a unique globe shape. 

Around 10:00 I called Karen to see if she’d gotten the replacement string of Christmas lights for me yet. Of the fifteen sets that she had one needed a different socket then the rest and it was missing a few lights since last winter and we couldn’t find any replacement lamps so the alternative was to replace the set. She was at the hairdressers as she and Greg are attending a wedding today but she would stop at Canadian Tire on the way home and pick them up. 

I went back to reading on the computer listening to the wind blowing outside until lunch which Kathy did a fantastic job making. We had a homemade Chicken Caesar Wrap, a Greek Salad and the last pieces of Homemade Rhubarb/Apple Pie. 

We took the time to do the dishes before going over to Karen’s so I could work on the lights. Karen made certain she wasn’t going to have future light problems by buying two sets of lights. It took less than fifteen minutes to remove the old set and retie the new set in place. I spent another half hour salvaging the bulbs from the set that is no longer usable before we were on our way home. 

Slightly before 4:00 Kathy and I left to go to the Tecumseh Arena to pick Tyler up from hockey practice. I dropped Kathy at the front door and by the time I parked the truck they were already coming out. Now back at Karen and Greg’s Tyler needed to spread out his equipment to dry and then he had to take a shower because he definitely didn’t smell like a rose.       

It has been some time since Kathy had gone out to have pizza so we decided to bring Tyler out for supper with us. We went to the nearby Pizza Hut and decided to try their new Crunchy Cheesy Bites Pizza and another favorite of ours Hawaiian on multi grain. We talked for only ten minutes before the waitress came out with the pizzas. She apologized saying they had accidently added mushrooms so they were remaking it for us but we could munch on the mistake until it was ready. It tasted great and we were impressed. Kathy and I also ate the Hawaiian and something about it just wasn’t right. When asked how things were we told the waitress about the off taste of the one pizza. We had the proper pizza boxed to go and they only charged us for the one Cheesy Crunch and gave us special discount coupons for our next visit. 

Since Tyler is spending the night back at our apartment we watched television until our suppers digested and I wrote this post. Now we are going for a swim in the indoor heated pool. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Any of your sisters work in construction.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are keeping warm enough there for now and enjoying time with Tyler.

    ReplyDelete