It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

Storms and Progress.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

I slept like a log until 6:00 this morning and no matter how hard I tried to go back to sleep it wasn’t happening. By the time 7:00 arrived I had done my morning blog reading and was moving to the Weather Channel so I could check the destruction that had occurred through the Central Northern States as well as Ontario caused by yesterday’s storm. I find it hard to believe that as many as 65 tornadoes touched down in so many states causing eight deaths at this point. Even though it is not normal for this time of year it is still not unheard of. Kathy finally joined me shortly after 8:00 claiming to have been tossing and turning since around 6:00. Told you before if one of us doesn’t sleep well neither does the other. 

After breakfast we headed back to the computers to catch up on any newer posts that we hadn’t read before I went to take my morning shower and shave. Kathy E-mailed our daughter Karen to see how Tyler was doing after bruising his tailbone yesterday playing hockey. Karen and Greg took him to Emergency last night and after sitting unseen for over four hours they left. Karen took the day off today and brought Tyler to the local Medical Clinic where within an hour he’d been examined, X-rayed and sent home. The diagnosis was the tailbone is not broken or fractured only bruised so he continues using Tylenol for pain and applying ice to reduce the swelling. Kathy went online and located special protection for hockey players suffering from tailbone injuries. She phoned Karen to let her know about it and Tyler answered.  He said it hurts pretty bad and that he will tell his Mom about the protection. 

Kathy made us Hot Beef Sandwiches for lunch and shortly after we were on our way across town to see my family doctor. This was a follow-up visit where he reviewed the results of the Ultra-sound that I’d had more thoroughly than the surgeon had done. He took the time to explain it more completely and other than the aches and pains from age he said I was in good health. He then wished us a good trip south this winter and he’ll see me next year. 

On the way home we had a number of stops. Three only took minutes to accomplish but the other at the drug store required waiting for my prescription to be filled. However when we left we were also walking out with Kathy’s meds that needed a large shopping bag to carry them home in because it is a 6 month supply. 

Back at the apartment Kathy started cooking supper and I wanted to ask her about something. I was certain that she heard me coming in the room but she didn’t. When she turned around to see me there I thought she was going to pass out. Her reaction startled me so much that I still can’t remember what it was I was going to ask her. 

Tomorrow we’ll continue making progress in getting ready to go south for the winter. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

Why did the baker stop making donuts?

Because he got tired of the hole business.

2 comments:

  1. Our family tells the story of my Aunt who shortly after she married, my Uncle came into the kitchen where she was tenderizing beef and surprised her. She turned and hit him square in the forehead with the meat mallet and knocked him out. Good thing Kathy didn't have a mallet!

    ReplyDelete