It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Change Of Plans and Cooling Down.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After completing my Morning Walk Around and noting more problems developing I returned to the Compound to scrounge around for a Screwdriver. Two Weeks tomorrow Paul the Owner removed the Face Plate on an Electrical Panel and never replaced it once he had the Welding Plug working. Knowing the Dangers and more then I let on about Electricity I felt a sense of relief after remounting the Plate.

As soon as I returned to the Compound I brought in one sheet of Aluminium at a time and started laying out which Panels I was going to cut from each one thus eliminating a lot of Waste. By the time I finished doing so there are now One and a Half Sheets that were not needed for this project.

This morning Kharen the Supervisor had finally retrieved the Modified Carrier to try on the Paint Line. Line Workers were saying it was so much easier to use that Paul the Owner came to the Compound and said he wanted Twenty more ASAP. He wanted all new material used so that they would be accurate. Once those take up the slack we’ll look at modifying some of the older Carriers. That also means putting the Powder Coating Booth Panels on hold.

That also meant I had to haul by hand over multiple trips Four Hundred Pounds of Materials over Five Hundred Feet from the rear storage bay to the Compound. That’s when we discovered the Metal Cut-Off Saw was not working. While I worked with the Iron Worker to cut other Materials both Paul and Kharen tried to resurrect that poor piece of trash. When that failed they brought over a Cut-Off Saw designed for Wood. I was told to make it work.

After finding a Cut-Off Wheel with a small enough Arbour Hole and clamping it to a Work Bench I got the Tubing all cut. I finished cutting the last piece at exactly 3:15 which is when I start my break and wash up for the end of my shift.

When I walked in the Apartment the Air Conditioning felt good. Kathy had opened the Balcony Door for about Ten Seconds before closing it again. It took nearly a Half Hour more for my clothes to finish drying.

I called John as arranged yesterday but was only able to reach his Voice Mail. I haven’t heard from him yet.

I received a Comment about dropping talking the Police about yesterday’s discovery. That was actually what I had been thinking of doing all day. Later this evening a Friend from the Force also advised against it. They claim they know all the addresses in the city where they could possible face those kinds of Dangers.

The heat of the day really got the best of us. We had a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Hawaiian Pizza for supper along with a cup of Hot Cocoa.

Our 6 o’clock Local News announced 1 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region bringing our Active Cases to 22.

Our temperature today felt like 102 F (39 C). We can expect overnight and early morning Showers that will bring tomorrow’s temperature to around 75 F (24 C). That will be a welcome change. So looking forward to the weekend.

Knowing my sister Anna will be reading this in the morning we want to wish her a Happy Birthday tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your wife weighs more then your refrigerator.

5 comments:

  1. I wanted to say something yesterday, but knowing the very different laws between Canada and the US regarding guns I stayed silent. So glad you dropped it. At least this job gives you great exercise 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is reminding me of some sort of detective story...what on earth is going on in this place? Do you ever talk with any other employees? So far, it seems super weird. Well, I'm old and have worked in some weird places, but this one takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Judith! It's very dysfunctional!

      Delete
  3. I'm kind of wondering why you are even working there. I agree .... it's a little dysfunctional and especially since they are not replacing your stolen tools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure who knows when the borders will be wide own again, but hope that day has you smiling and ready to return to the Desert Southwest.

    ReplyDelete