It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Working Alone, Welding Test Scheduled and Thanks For The Wishes.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

This started out as a Travel Blog for us to look back on but then it started covering our Everyday Lives and more recently a Rant Reporting the “Deterioration of the Workplace”.

I resumed the Morning Walk around this morning and returned to add more Grease to the same Bearing that was starting to squeal yesterday. When I finally returned to the Compound there were Two Carriers needing straightening as well as welding. There were also parts that I had gathered together so that I created another Carrier similar to the ones I talked about for the last couple of days. That will throw his count off.

My 10:00 break felt peaceful while I contemplated last night’s Virtual Interview. Like I mentioned it gave me a glimmer of hope that this shop truly lacks.

After I took care of a few other repairs I went looking for the Rack that I was told I’d be modifying. It was still full of Carriers so I located the replacement Caster Wheels that were different heights but would be used to replace the small ones that had originally been installed. Of course the Rack was not made available until 12:30 and I was told it would be needed in Two Hours.

As mentioned before the company is so Cheap the Oxy-Acetylene Tip on the Torch needs to be replaced but I was told to use it like that. Instead of making Clean Cuts it looked like I was just melting the Metal added a lot of extra grinding. This again was a Two Person Job but I worked through on my own through my Lunch. When I started feeling Lightheaded I grabbed a Half Sandwich and told Kharen it would be another Hour. Strangely he seemed okay with that.

The Rack now rolls freely on Larger Casters across the pitted cement floor and with a piece of Metal that weighed easily Four Hundred Pounds (not an exaggeration) removed. The Line Worker could not believe how well it worked. By the time I got my got my Dripping Wet Coveralls off, washed up and punched out it was 3:45. I’ll probably get yelled at for working through my breaks but I got the job done.

I called Kathy to say I wasn’t fired or in jail so she would relax because I always talk to her when I have my lunch.

It felt good cooling down in my Recliner when I got home but I had another Voice Message waiting. I had to call Susanne from the Employment Agency. Since I will have Monday July 5th off in celebration of American Independence rather then today I’ll be going for my Welding Test. I still shake my head at how many times I applied for this particular job.

Neither of us were too hungry so we had a Store Bought Medium Sized Thin Crust Spinach Pizza for supper.

Since July 1st is called Canada Day this was considered a Canadian National Holiday so of course the 6 o’clock Local News was pre-empted with a special on a Super Cargo Ship that roams the Great Lakes. Trying another Canadian News Channel they mentioned that due to the Holiday there would be no Cronavirus Case Numbers for the Canadian Viewers.

The high temperature today felt like 90 F (32 C) around 1:00 this afternoon but we are supposed to get a few days of Below Seasonal Temperatures.

Kathy and I would like to Thank Everyone for the Anniversary Wishes.

With only One More Day to this work week I can then say T.G.I.F..

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You had to remove a toothpick for your wedding pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I'm catching up so Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your weekend, well earned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also catching up, Happy Anniversary Ksthy and Rick.

    ReplyDelete