It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, July 30, 2021

Twice in Two Weeks and A Birthday Call.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As many of our longtime readers recall when Kathy used to tell me I should make something it would end with me spending sleepless nights because I was basically designing and building it when I should have been sleeping. With the demand for the New Carriers ASAP it would require building an accurate Jig to accomplish that much detail. I kept being awakened by my building the Jig until I finally got up to take an Extra Strength Tylenol. At least I slept like a rock for the next Five Hours.

It felt strange walking into the plant for the second time in Two Weeks that production on the Paint Line would not be working. So the first thing I started working on was building the Jig. I really had a good idea after having designed it repeatedly while I should have been sleeping.

I was making good progress until Paul the Owner walked in around 8:00. Bringing me out to the start of the Paint Line he explained things were being removed and repaired. Two Pumps and their Control Panel were being removed from the Pit that connects to the City Storm Sewer System. When we had the Heavy Rainfall Two Weeks ago it resembled a Geyser flooding the entire plant floor.

Bringing the Torch over it didn’t take long to disconnect the Water Lines and break loose the Panels. When Paul talked of getting the grinder to remove brackets welded to Beams that put a smile on my face. When he returned and saw the brackets cleanly removed he could not believe that could be done with a Torch. That was the type of work I did for most of my Career before I retired.

Once the Pumps were removed we found a piece of Grating to fill the now open void. Using a Forklift Paul brought it to the Compound where I cut it to size. I then had to notch the end of each bar because the Grating was an Inch and a Half Thick where the ledge along the Pit was only One Inch Thick.

It was nearly 1:00 when Paul told me to take my lunch. There wasn’t another person in sight. I spoke briefly to Kathy while eating my Sandwich.

Since this was Friday I didn’t want to have to stay late so I returned as soon as the Half Hour was over. There was still nobody else on the floor so I used a Two Wheel Cart to move the Three Hundred Pound Grating back to the Pit. Using leverage to my advantage it didn’t take long to have it in place. That’s when everyone else showed up only to comment how nice it looked. (Where were they for the hard part?)

After collecting our Mail at Guardian Storage and depositing my Cheque at Motor City Community Credit Union I was walking in the Apartment by 4:20.

I briefly spoke with John and I should hear back from him tomorrow.

Kathy made a Caesars Salad as a side to go with the Spare Ribs we had for supper and a Pecan Tart for dessert.

Our 6 o’clock Local News announced 4 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region bringing our Active Cases to 25.

Our temperature today felt like 81 F (27 C) which is a lot cooler then the last week.

As soon as the News was over I actually called my sister Anna to wish her a Happy Birthday. She felt privileged having just read it on last night’s Blog and a Face Book Greeting that Kathy had sent.

My shower felt wonderful. That is the one thing I don’t like about working in that plant is the Chemical Smell on my Clothes and Body.

Thankfully I have the Weekend to do what we need to do.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know your getting old when your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure hoping you get some decent working conditions soon. I have been in your situation only once and it was miserable.

    ReplyDelete