It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Errands, Rain and More Errands.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Watching the 11 o’clock news last night the weather forecast had taken a drastic change. The wind currents that had caused Environment Canada to issue an Air Quality Advisory for our area yesterday would cause a complete turnaround for today. The new forecast showed we could expect rain most of the day and it would be heavy at times. It would also cause our temperatures to drop below the average for this time of year. 

When we got up this morning and the Weather Channel agreed with the change I had to change my plans around. Immediately after breakfast the only thing I took time to check on the computer were my E-mails. My new plan was to get things in from the truck before the rain would start. I then realized that I had to retrieve some tools from the trailer so Kathy and I talked about a few other errands I’d run. 

I spent less than five minutes at the trailer getting what I needed before continuing to Vehicle Venture. When I walked in there wasn’t a familiar face in the showroom. When I introduced myself to John whom I’d spoken to yesterday but hadn’t called me back he pulled a file folder out which documented our aftermarket add-ons we’d put on the truck five years ago. The problem he had run into was that the manufactures of the Airbags and the Window treatments were no longer in business.  We spent the next half hour searching for alternatives and John leaving a few messages with distributors that could only say they’d get back to him. 

My next stop was to Value Village to drop off some clothes and STUFF that Kathy had cleaned up. Another stop was at the Windsor Hospice Center. I mentioned yesterday about donating an older piece of medical equipment. The Canadian Red Cross didn’t want it now I was about to find out that neither did Hospice. They did advise me to try the Community Living Care Health Providers a few blocks away. When I tried to open the door to this location I found it locked. One of the caregivers came to ask what I wanted so after I explain she politely said they didn’t take that kind of equipment either. Thursday I’ll try one more place and if they don’t want it we’ll put it in the recycle. 

It was raining lightly by the time I got back to the apartment. After a warm bowl of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup that Kathy had made yesterday we chose to run more errands this afternoon. With the heavy cloud coverage outside it seemed to put a damper on wanting to do anything else so what better way to pass our time. 

Our first stop was to have a short visit with our friends Kathie and Ross. We got caught up on things we’ve all been doing. I asked Ross to give me a hand matching the Antennas on the truck later this week. He’ll do the keying and monitoring the meter while I adjust the antennas. Friday looks like the best day with little heat and humidity. 

We headed to the Credit Union to cash the refund cheque from our health care provider that arrived early last week. This reimbursed the money we had to pay Healthy Heals for Kathy’s in home foot care.   

From there we headed to the Devonshire Mall to get some walking in and to do some window shopping. We did stop in Chapters Book Store where we found a book Kathy wanted. Then at the far end of the mall we stopped at Sears where Kathy again tried finding a few new tops. Looking outside while in Sears the rain was coming down so hard in waves you couldn’t see the cars in the lot and the wind was trying to open the doors. Glad we were inside. 

The rain was down to a drizzle when we left the mall. We were back home by 5:00 where Kathy warmed up some Spaghetti and Meatballs that she had also made yesterday. The 6 o’clock News showed clear skies for tomorrow so I’m sure I’ll find something to cross off my to-do list. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Most pictures taken by
Kathy in South Carolina
and Tennessee in April.


Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Happy Boss's Day

A good boss is one who makes a raise effective as soon as the employee is.

Milton Berle

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you did not get to work on your truck, always another day I guess.

    ReplyDelete