Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to enlarge.
I was a little delayed doing things on-line last night, causing me not to join Kathy in Bed until 12:01. That close, but within minutes we were holding Hands and sleeping soundly. I did wake around 2:20 when I suddenly started feeling Cold. If you have been reading this Blog for a while, you would have guessed half the reason, Kathy was cuddling the Blankets in her arms and the more I tried to slowly pull it free, the harder she held on. The other half of reason for being Cold is it seems, even though our temperatures have been cooler lately, the night-time temperatures inside the building increase making it necessary to use your Air Conditioner to sleep. Our’s has a bad temperature Controller, so not only does it cool our Apartment, it makes it Colder then the setting is programmed for. Just by shutting the AC, I was able to comfortable sleep the rest of the night.
Kathy was awake only Thirty Minutes after I was up this morning. After our breakfast snack we were working at our Computers when we got a call from Sid. The papers that we were supposed to sign had not arrived, so our afternoon appointment was off.
I checked my E-mail to see Kathy’s order was out for delivery before 9:00 so there was a possibility it would arrive later. Figuring that I had other things to look into, there was something else to do this afternoon.
Not knowing exactly how busy we would be and the fact there was food in the Fridge that I wanted to use up, we shared a Bacon/Veggie Omelette for a Brunch before heading out the door.
Our destination was a place called The Battery Man. Just prior to my Hip Replacement I had purchased a Charger and extra 20 Volt Lithium Batteries for our tools. By the time I realized the Charger was faulty. it had killed all my Batteries and was past the return date. At The Battery Man they have pulled the rabbit out of the hat before, so thinking they could do it again, I went to see them. Repairing Batteries is like fixing a Car, you need to replace parts and doing that to Lithium Batteries, costs more then simply replacing them. No luck this time.
We headed over to Guardian Storage to collect our Mail, but our Package had not yet arrived, and it was past 3:00, later than most deliveries are made here.
Trying to head for home was a bit of a challenge since there was a slow-moving Freight Train stopping a long line of traffic. When we were finally rolling again, we had to stop at the Pioneer gas station. It’s sad when we are back to the days of only putting in enough Gasoline to get by. At $1.779/Litre ($6.7339 US Gallon) it really makes you want to scream.
Our wheels had barely touched the Street when Kathy said that she was Hungry. A stop at Wendy’s for Chicken Nuggets and Chocolate Frosties was all we needed for supper. As we ate, I remembered needing a few food stocks that we missed last week, so we stopped at Dollarama. I hate when they move things around in hopes that you will spend more money.
Back at our building, we were able to carry everything up to our Apartment without straining my arm, or using our Cart.
The Weather Guesser on the “6 o’clock Local News” showed that within a week, we will be seeing cooler temperatures coming our way and indication that Fall is getting closer.
We later watched episodes about A Great Escape, Amelia Earhart, and Easter Island on the History Channel.
We should be busy tomorrow.
Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam including personal advertisements.
Be Safe and Enjoy!
It’s about time.
Krackers
Where do you learn about ice cream?
Sundae school.
No comments:
Post a Comment