It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 30, 2018

Getting Informed, Unplugging A Vent and Seeing Our Street Sign.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

After having to take an Advil for the pain in her shoulders Kathy slept quite soundly last night. I even had most of my morning reading finished before she came downstairs. Once we’d eaten and moved ourselves to the Computers I made a call to wish my sister Anna a Happy Birthday. It gave us a chance to set up a get-together when she comes to town in a couple weeks.

Once the inside chores were finished we didn’t waste much time trying to figure other things out together. Even though the Credit Union keeps telling us that everything is working properly printing out their E-Statements proves otherwise. Kathy wanted me to call them up but since we’ll be in the neighbourhood tomorrow a personal meeting might be more effective.

Kathy planned to do a more intense cleaning while I went outside but thought an early lunch might be a better solution. We had Chicken and Potato Salad which would hold us over until supper.

For the last few weeks we’ve been experiencing a Putrid Odor everytime we flushed our Toilet. Having thoroughly flushed the Waste Tanks the odor continued. All Black Tanks have a vent that lets the Tank breathe but if that were to get plugged for any reason guess where the Tank Breathes. Before climbing up to the roof I prepared myself.

There were Hornets flying around the Vent Pipe so the first thing I did was to spray RAID Wasp and Flying Insect Spray down the tube. Within a few seconds a few more Hornets tumbled out of the Vent only to land Belly-Up on the roof. I then fed the Electrical Fish in but within Two Feet it met resistance. Back and Forth motion and before I knew it was not having any problems going in or out. I finally got a Whiff of the Black Tank for the first time since being up there. The final cleaning was done when I ran water from the Garden Hose at full pressure. Going inside the Toilet no longer smelled up the inside of the Trailer. I’ll be adding a Screen inside the Vent to stop any future nests from being built there again.

When people come to visit us at our Site many have said they couldn’t see the Street Sign. All the other signs are very visible but the Landscape Crew seem to forget to trim the Tree Branches from around our Street Sign. When we sold our House, there were a few Gardening Tools that were put in our Trailer that have proved to be very handy. I walked to the corner with my Pruning Shears and started trimming things back. That was when some of our neighbours started helping me determine which ones needed to be trimmed. The Landscape Crew stopped an Hour later to pick up the branches that were piled by the side of the road.

I’d just finished that when it started raining. It only lasted Five Minutes but the skies continued to look like more was on the way. I used that time getting a few Aps and Programs working on both our Cell Phones. 

For supper Kathy made Perogies with Bacon on the side. That was some of the Bacon I grilled on the Weber last week and Kathy only had to warm it today.

We watched a movie about a group of High School Students from Small Town U.S.A. titled Windsor. Not in reference to the city we are near but the Castle in England. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Willful waste makes woeful want.

2 comments:

  1. Those darn wasps get in everywhere. I never thought about the vents on top. I'll have to check mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasps, spiders and birds all can create havoc or loss of sleep! Glad you found the problem.

    ReplyDelete